Raptor Forum banner

What does your cleaning regiment for your Raptor involve after riding all day?

• Meh, park it and let it sit til next time

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Give her a quick rinse with the garden hose

• Bust out the power washer and blast it

• Break out the tooth brush and Q tips!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand keeping your toys clean, but i ride just about everyday and mine is constantly dirty, i probably wash it once or twice a week depending on how bad it gets. What about you guys?

·
Registered
657 Posts
I pressure wash it after every ride (exluding winter in -10) and tehn wipe it down with STP Son of a gun.

Jay

·
Registered
126 Posts
I hit a carwash up after every ride, unload it, and wash the piss out of it
:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I wash after everyride with simple green. I dont armorall or anything but keep it pretty spotless.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Most of the time get the big stuff off with the power washer, then scrub what i can then once its parked in the shop throughout the week ill slowly detail it and itll look almost spotless again for the next weekend

·
Registered
767 Posts
Yep I detail mine after every ride, FYI Foaming Tireshine makes the black SE's look like new again. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
206 Posts
Rap-it-up said:
I hit a carwash up after every ride, unload it, and wash the piss out of it
:thumbsup:
I do the same after every ride ;) like everyone else in here I have a lot of $$$$ wrapped up in this machine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
137 Posts
I take it to the car wash and pressure wash it to get the majority of mud off after every ride.
Then depending on the weather i will rewash it with a sponge and garden hose once home.
I then follow up with armor all on the black plastic parts as well as tires and seat.
I have heard horror stories about armor all on your seat but i have had any problems and it looks awesome.
Then i finish her off by lubing the chain, Greasing the nipples, Checking the air filter and some WD-40 on the engine cases and swingarm. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Donnie221 said:
I take it to the car wash and pressure wash it to get the majority of mud off after every ride.
Then depending on the weather i will rewash it with a sponge and garden hose once home.
I then follow up with armor all on the black plastic parts as well as tires and seat.
I have heard horror stories about armor all on your seat but i have had any problems and it looks awesome.
Then i finish her off by lubing the chain, Greasing the nipples, Checking the air filter and some WD-40 on the engine cases and swingarm. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
damn... can i keep mine at your house and put it on the same maintenence schedule? :lol:

·
Registered
91 Posts
I wash mine after everyride pressure wash then hand wash then lube and wax. the wax keep the mud from staining the plastics. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Auto wax is an excellent way to keep mud from staining, It also makes her look real nice. Try maguires paste.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I havent tried waxing the plastics as of yet. maybe ill have to add that to my already extensive cleaning regamin.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very anal about it I hate riding dirty, and i dislike stained plastic and a nasty motor that i cant clean!!!! so i wash all the time, my girl makes fun of me for using the spay wax and detail it for like an hour ha ha ha

·
Registered
497 Posts
I like being in the garage. Cleaning/lubing bikes is a good reason to be out there. Mom makes sure I'm well fed and watered while catching up on some tv watching in the garage. We ride dunes so the bikes clean up well(and easy).
Besides, chicks dig shiny things.

·
Registered
965 Posts
If it's dry out, I will usually hose it off after every couple of rides. If it's muddy, It gets hosed off before she goes back in the garage. I will detail it once every 2 weeks or so...sometimes sooner if the riding has been dirtier than usuall.

·
Registered
22,016 Posts
Always wash after every ride, use Pledge on the plastics, and did it all staying at a Holiday Inn last night.

:lol:

Do not use wax. It will take away the luster of your plastics. True, it will bead water like a mofo, but it will rough your plastics up with tiny little scratches. Pledge by far is much better, with Armor All a distant second. Just my two cents.

~Brian

·
Registered
130 Posts
i use super clean alot it works really good on white plastics
\

·
Registered
202 Posts
i get nitty gritty with a tooth brush, take off all the plastics to clean every bit of metal, take off th eskid plates, and hand was for about two hours. ive gotten into a sequence so it doesnt take as long but hell i love it so much i cant resist.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts