Raptor Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I looked on bot sides of chain and turn the back wheeles and probley went around chain 4 or 5 times and dont see no mastlink are any link that is differnt from one anouther. It`s a o-ring type chain has word did on some of the links. I know to take it off a chain breaker but how did they get the chain on and how can i take it off with out breaking it? I looked for a while on each side for a masterlink and unable to find one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
you said there was writing on some links so i assume it is not a stock chain but i have never looked that close at my chain to see if there was writing. if it is after market and you wanna save the chain then keep looking but if you are replacing the chain anyways then stop wasting time and cut the son of a b!tch off.

FYI: if it is stock then it does not have a master link and you just need to cut it. good luck either way :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It is not stock is has o rings but i cant find the master link for my life. I rotated chain 3 times are more and looked on both sides.

·
Registered
204 Posts
The stock chain has o-rings as well and jcrazy is right...there is no master link on a stock chain. If it had been replaced then the last person to do it may have used a chain tool and you can push a new chain pin (or whatever they are called) and then you don't have a master link either...so you either need to cut it or press out a pin to take it apart.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
akawilliam said:
It is not stock is has o rings but i cant find the master link for my life. I rotated chain 3 times are more and looked on both sides.
Well then you're either blind or wrong about it not being stock. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am almost sure it is not stock it was on a repair list along time ago for new chain I guess that did not get put on? Maybe i got rip off I should have been a diy person back then :(. I wanted to take it off to clean but i guess i will save for new chain and a chain breaker

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
The chain can be cleaned in place. Use kerosen.

If your going to replace it, just cut it, the new chain will have a masterlink. Some new chains are longer than you need and you'll have to shorten it. This can be done with a hammer and punch, easier if you grind of the pin on the side you hitting.

If you need to satisfy a tool fetish
http://www.denniskirk.com/jsp/produ...tore=Main&catId=418&leafCatId=41805&brand=498

1 - 7 of 7 Posts