Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a low hours, bone stock 02 660r. Literally the only aftermarket part is a set of nerf bars. My only concern is the front suspension. I don't know a whole lot about suspension or how it should behave, but I'll try my best to explain.

When I pull the front wheels off the ground and sit them back down, the quad will stay in that fully up and extended position. If I push the front end all the way down, it will rebound an inch or two, but will mostly stay down. Not sure if this is normal, just what I observed. The rear suspension seems pretty nice, and will rebound quickly after compressing it down.

As far as handling, I don't have much to compare it to, as it's been 10+ years since I've owned a quad. If the front suspension is bad, what would be some handling characteristics that it might have?

Thanks everyone for your time.

·
Super Moderator
8,862 Posts
If those are OEM shocks they are way overdue for at bare minimum an oil change. It sounds to me as if there has been some moisture that has accumulated inside there and it is affecting the movement. A lot of us in here have Kevin (Jogaca suspension) take care of our shocks. He is very affordable and is a one man operation so very budget friendly. Perhaps you can at least give him a call to discuss some options? Kevin Groff 480-262-3216

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the recommendation. I probably will give Kevin a call and see what the options are. Sounds like he's a great resource to use

1 - 4 of 4 Posts