Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I removed the bolt underneath the muffler and the set screw at the exhaust tip, but the spark arrestor wouldn't come out. What am I doing wrong? Do you have to drill out the pivots on the end cap also in order to remove it? Sorry if this is a stupid question, but this is my first ATV. Appreciate any advice..... :help:

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok thanks. :)

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
This has been talked about a few times, try a search. I had the same problem back in the day. I started her up and let her warm up for a few. then took the screw out and gave it some gas. hit the gas a few times and the SA should pop rght out. If not hook some vise grips up and wiggle back and forth. then hit the gas again and repeat till it comes out. good luck -- WOODY

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Could you tell a big difference when you pulled the SA?

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So no big difference in the performance, just alot more noise. :(

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
not really in performance but as stated above the sounds is awesome but not as good as aftermarket. But beware that it could make your bike run a little lean. so just watch the plug and the sound when you slow down. If it starts to pop when you slow down then its running to lean. its an easy fix, just buy a PCIII. LMAO thats just my opinion though. so good luck -- WOODY

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
you only need to remove the allen head bolt right under the sa. then chain it to your truck and take off like a bat out of hell :grin_nod: Its completly safe :lol: i promise. :lol: :grin_nod: just go for it :thumbsup: ok maybe not, but you do only need to remove the one allen head bolt. :)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
If you'd like to not mangle it in the process, a 2-jaw puller does the trick quite nice without screwing it up.

I'll make a video if #3 in our group wants his out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.