Raptor Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
I just followed the manual. I really dont think it matters how hard you ride it as long as you ride for a little bit and then shut it down and let it cool off before riding again.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I just rode mine normally, which is a lot of on and off for my type of riding. You just don't want to run the $h!t out of it at the very beginning or keep it at the same RPM for more than a few seconds at a time.

·
Registered
137 Posts
About how many hours before the first intial oil change? I have 2 1/2 hours on mine now. I rode it like i stole it.What oil should i use? 20w-40 or would 10w-40 be ok? Im also afraid of the stripped oil bolt ive heard of.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Donnie221 said:
About how many hours before the first intial oil change? I have 2 1/2 hours on mine now. I rode it like i stole it.What oil should i use? 20w-40 or would 10w-40 be ok? Im also afraid of the stripped oil bolt ive heard of.
10 hours is the initial oil change
then it's like 40 or so but
I change mine every 20 hours
I ride hard
as far as the weight of the oil .. check your manual for the different weights that can be used for different temperatures

·
Registered
405 Posts
I asked the dealer when I bought mine, he is an experieance rider. He said only go to about 1/4 throttle like around the block and turn it off and let it cool completly down to the touch. Then go alil more on the throttle then cool down. Then go about half then cool down. So on and so fourth till you get full throttle. That would take about a tank of gas. You would just need to run it for a while and make sure it cools completly down just so the oil seals can set good. I'm still breaking in mine, but it just started snowing so its alil cold.

·
Registered
178 Posts
REBELROCK#10 said:
just take it out and ride the piss out of it! i mean come on its under warrenty!
Warranties never cover abuse.

Damage from a bad break-in most likely won't affect the engine during it's first year, anyhow.

But it will shorten the engine life.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts