Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did a search but found nothing. How do you clean the electrical parts the seat? They are in tight places and I don´t think a power wash is a good idea. Thanks
Jay

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I usually just get in there with a damp cloth and clean it up.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Denatured alcohol in a spray bottle while spray it with compressor air? I use it to clean my rc truck and the plastic on that seems ok. I haven't had to clean the raptor there yet but I would assume this should be ok? Might take off any protective grease though...

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I use a steam clener for any tight space, it will get in any crack you want it too, you can get one at target/walmark/lowes/ect... thye also work great around the house too!

·
Registered
100 Posts
SIMPLE GREEN that stuff is awesome i always wash my bike with that and there is no chance for it to hurt anything its biodegradable

·
Registered
123 Posts
Simple green you can get at any walmart, supermarket, even the home depot or lowes carries it. Only 1 kind of simple green I believe.

·
Registered
95 Posts
loco said:
Simple green you can get at any walmart, supermarket, even the home depot or lowes carries it. Only 1 kind of simple green I believe.
I work on Helicopters and we have a simple green that is aviation grade.....I guess i'm gonna have to do my research to find out which one is more corrosive and use the lessor of the two...

·
Registered
123 Posts
I use the over the counter grocery store simple green. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
340 Posts
I usually do the damp rag method when cleaning under the seat. It gets the majority of the shit out of there. Once or twice a year I pick up a case of bud, pull all the plastics and have a 12 hour cleaning hoe down complete with the famous WD-40 treatment.

Frank

·
Registered
79 Posts
FrignDope said:
Denatured alcohol in a spray bottle while spray it with compressor air? I use it to clean my rc truck and the plastic on that seems ok. I haven't had to clean the raptor there yet but I would assume this should be ok? Might take off any protective grease though...
+1 on DNA and Air compressor.. I too run RC trucks and compressed air works great to clean stuff off. My mix is actually DNA, Simple Green and a little WD40. Found the "recipe" in a mag somewhere.. works great.

·
Registered
91 Posts
My bike gets like a big mudball, I would need like 5,000 gallons of simple green then.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.