Raptor Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well winter's almost over here and the snow is all melting which means tons of mud and slush around here. Just wondering if anyone has any good ideas on staying dry while riding....we all know how much it sucks getting soaked and having to ride on a cold day. I don't mind getting covered in mud but it would be great if I had some kind of waterproof suit that kept me from getting soaked

·
Registered
350 Posts
Good pair of boots, and a pair of the ARC foul weather riding pants. The pants have 2 layers, one that goes down tight over your boot and the outside layer goes over your boot. I've been in almost waste deep water and it never let a drop through them......

One downside is I had one pair rip almost 4 weeks after I bought them, rockymountainatv.com replaced them immidiately!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Try taking a piss BEFORE you get all bundled up. :lol:
Sorry. Had to do it. :p

·
Registered
213 Posts
coveralls all the way, go to tractor supply and grab some cheap ones. When its colder than a witches titty in a brass bra i wear sweat pants, jeans and coveralls, and after riding all day i can usually walk inside wearing the jeans and not get shit all over the house. I never used to wear em, (i thought they looked retarted) but after 1 ride w em i was sold.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm in the same boat! :'( I picked up Thor 'Ride' pants and jacket. These did the job!! The only thing I don't like is the pockets are exposed by mesh on the inside. For the life of me I don't get it. Not a good place for the cell phone.

Now I'm on the hunt for pants that will protect me from the occasional puddle in drier weather so they don't need to be water 'proof' just not all polyester so the water goes right through fast.

·
Registered
234 Posts
cheap coveralls. the insulated one. i wear those with jeans and thermals underneth. 2 sweat shirts-1 hooded. iornclad cold weather gloves, and a bavaclava under my helmet. with riding boots.works great.but make sure you get coveralls that are a little big on you so you dont restrict your movement. 1 more thing get the set without sleaves.if you get the ones with sleves when you go to grab your bars you will pull that thing right up your arse.

·
Registered
423 Posts
burrburner700r said:
cheap coveralls. the insulated one. i wear those with jeans and thermals underneth. 2 sweat shirts-1 hooded. iornclad cold weather gloves, and a bavaclava under my helmet. with riding boots.works great.but make sure you get coveralls that are a little big on you so you dont restrict your movement. 1 more thing get the set without sleaves.if you get the ones with sleves when you go to grab your bars you will pull that thing right up your arse.
make shure u dont find no deep water or fall through a pund with coveralls on all ur going to do is sink seen someone do that once it was during the summer luckly just walked right over to shollow part winter u wont do that

·
Registered
234 Posts
kds6_10_05jmd said:
burrburner700r said:
make shure u dont find no deep water or fall through a pund with coveralls on all ur going to do is sink seen someone do that once it was during the summer luckly just walked right over to shollow part winter u wont do that
i dont mean to be a dick, but is that english?also i dont think many people are going to go into deep water with a sport quad. i do alot of trail riding. even with the puddles and wet mud you realy dont get wet.

·
Registered
423 Posts
burrburner700r said:
kds6_10_05jmd said:
burrburner700r said:
i dont mean to be a dick, but is that english?also i dont think many people are going to go into deep water with a sport quad. i do alot of trail riding. even with the puddles and wet mud you realy dont get wet.

yah u can run ur mouth all u want i dont give a shit i cant spell... ur the dumb ass i was talken bout people in the winter dicking around on a pond or lake b,c its ice

·
Registered
234 Posts
i wasn't trying to run my mouth.i apologize if i seemed like a dick, i just couldn't understand what you meant. i grew up on long island i know all to well about frozen ponds, and falling through the ice. i would never go out on a lake or a pond with my quad. hell i get nervous when we play hockey on the ice, im definitly not going to ride out there. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,393 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice, that's exactly what I was looking for, the ones at wal-mart looked like junk.

·
Registered
28 Posts
i just wear my work rain gear. i got it from a fishing store. full bibs and a coat then i just wear water proof boots and i tape the bibs to my boots an i stay pretty dry

1 - 14 of 14 Posts