12:1 cp pistons 105mm
Springs
Head bolts
Head port and polish +1 and valving

Thoughts on 11.5:1 vs 12:1 please

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Thats exactly what I had. I now have a +5 crank also. If your going from stock to that it is gonna put a smile on your face for sure!

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Awesome! Can anyone recommend a bad ass builder??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Dude, that thing is gonna haul some a$$!!

Who are you having do the head work?

·
Registered
3,442 Posts

Barkers
PCV
FCI
Stage 3 hot cams
+3 TB
12:1 cp pistons 105mm
Springs
Head bolts
Head port and polish +1 and valving

Thoughts on 11.5:1 vs 12:1 please
Sounds like a winning setup! I don't have a preference on your two piston options; although, a lot of riders thing you need high octane with 12:1, but in my experience pump fuel works just fine especially in Kentucky. I'd suggest talking to Colorado700R he can set you up with a good builder.

KB Motorsports

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea I definitely need to be able to use pump gas! The race fuel is not practical for me :(

So the 11.5:1 i suppose is the right choice then

·
Registered
454 Posts
Racers edge I went with Kenz Cycle but if I had it to do all over again I would go RE for sho. Believe me you will love it go 12.1 piston tho no 11.1 please

·
Registered
454 Posts
Also does ur pc5 have the timing curve with it. Cause thats like 3 hp for sho

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I don't know if the timing curve comes with a PCV or not. Is that the auto tune?
Yea but then I'm going to be limited to running race fuel with the 12:1 tho.
I spoke to Kenz and racers edge to get estimates and what not, I'm glad u mentioned them

·
Registered
615 Posts
I ran a 12:1 on 91 octane with no issues in Missouri. I am right around 1000ft.

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So if I run 12:1 with std bore 102, like the 11.5:1
Will it yield more power and run pump gas reliably and efficiently??

·
Registered
2,046 Posts

What cam were you running with that 12:1 piston?

·
1%ER VIP
313 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Stage 3 hotcams is what I will be running

·
Registered
615 Posts
What cam were you running with that 12:1 piston?
I ran two different cams with that piston, first was an X4 then later I switched to a Webb 4.

·
Registered
454 Posts
Yea I ran 91 to on my setup but I tried to put atleast 2 gallons in a 5gal jug. Really I couldn't tell what it ran better on until I put some MR9 in it

·
Registered
454 Posts
If u go RE ported head with a good cam 12.1 piston also the new pc5 with timing. Your bike will put out some really good numbers atleast 62-65hp guarantee

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
damn, i guess i should have tried 91 or 93. i ran 100LL for a while and had no issues. then just ran straight 110 that i brought home from LS.

i had RE +1, web4, 12-1cp, +3tb, fci and force4's. made 70hp/50tq at LS

100+ octane was reccomended from RE so thats what i ran. at 1100 elevation. good to hear you were able to run pump gas with no issues.

how much do you weigh? and what gearing do you run?

i have a 102mm 12-1CP forsale now by the way if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
615 Posts
damn, i guess i should have tried 91 or 93. i ran 100LL for a while and had no issues. then just ran straight 110 that i brought home from LS.

i had RE +1, web4, 12-1cp, +3tb, fci and force4's. made 70hp/50tq at LS

100+ octane was reccomended from RE so thats what i ran. at 1100 elevation. good to hear you were able to run pump gas with no issues.

how much do you weigh? and what gearing do you run?

i have a 102mm 12-1CP forsale now by the way if anyone is interested.
My build was almost the same as yours, only difference was my head was done by Bo and I ran barkers, everything else the same, the first year of the build I did run an X4 cam though. When I did my build, this was before the tech piston came out I checked with RE and they told me that the 12:1 would be fine on 91, that's why I ran it. It was a shelf piston so the true compression would probably been slightly lower. I ordered the piston through RE. With my build I put down 73 at LS but I had switched to the 14:1 by that time. I am in the middle or doing a 770 13:1 build on it now.

I weigh around 160 to 170, bounce on that quite a bit. Rear gearing is stock and front I swap between stock and 15 depending on what I am doing.

·
Ridin High.....
961 Posts
My build was almost the same as yours, only difference was my head was done by Bo and I ran barkers, everything else the same, the first year of the build I did run an X4 cam though. When I did my build, this was before the tech piston came out I checked with RE and they told me that the 12:1 would be fine on 91, that's why I ran it. It was a shelf piston so the true compression would probably been slightly lower. I ordered the piston through RE. With my build I put down 73 at LS but I had switched to the 14:1 by that time. I am in the middle or doing a 770 13:1 build on it now.

I weigh around 160 to 170, bounce on that quite a bit. Rear gearing is stock and front I swap between stock and 15 depending on what I am doing.
im in the middle of a 105 and 14:1 swap as well. so i hope to see a good improvement at LS.

RE may of told me to run higher octane because im a lil heaiver guy (200lbs+).
loading up the engine more (more weight) gets me closer to detonation with this setup.

I may or may not of been fine of pump gas, was too scared to find out...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts