Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In stock form, how far can you go, and for those with the 3 mod, how far can you go? Just wondering if the 700 can finish a 2 hr XC race without re-fueling. I been told no one plans on making a bigger tank for the 700. A big bummer.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Mine lasts about 3.5 hours of hard MX riding which inturn is about 6x miles according to my buddies tripometer on his CRF250R. Casual trail riding is probably close to double that.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
A typicle XC race is about 8-12 mile laps in which we do 4 laps. So can the Raptor go about 40 miles on a tank of hard riding? That would be about 15mpg.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
For moderately agressive trail riding, I am seeing the fuel light come on around 40-50 miles.

Thought you were XCing an Outlaw?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
type36 said:
For moderately agressive trail riding, I am seeing the fuel light come on around 40-50 miles.

Thought you were XCing an Outlaw?
Is that with your mods, or when it was stock? If that is with your mods, that is awesome fuel mileage for a sport quad.

I haven't made the choice yet for the 07 season. The 525 is in front, but I'm checking every possibility. Even the Renegade is a possibility.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ryans Roostin Raptor said:
I have the mods and my light comes on at 30 - 35 miles with some WFO. I think it would be really close in a GNCC. I have intentions of e-mailing Harlen Foley to ask him since he raced a 700 in GNCC.
Actually I think he did it twice and liked it a lot. So the way he rides will give a good idea how it goes. And I believe he was stock both times.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I really don't think that the 3 mods has made that much of a difference in fuel mileage, but I am not running a race pace, either.

Kim Muzzarelli (Miss Muzz) would be one to ask over at Quadzone. She ran a 3 mods 700 in a bunch of GNCCs this past year-- nice article on it in the March ATV Sport mag.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bummer. I know it would be worse for me, because I weigh quite a bit more then she does. :grin_nod:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts