Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer claims both will smoke a 700 Raptor. Any real world experiances? I'm going riding this weekend with a fella with an 05 Preditor.

·
Registered
751 Posts
i was riding with a guy a couple weeks ago on a outlaw, His was fast but not that fast. His was all stock, mine is modded a little. The problem he was having was kicking the ass end around a sharp corner. It looked like he was going to roll it every time cause of the independent rear end. Id stay with the raptor.. The outlaw is fast though.

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
I raced all three this weekend, the closest one to me was the 700r. All three were modded, atleast a pipe that I could tell.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I have a varied group of friends and we all have different quads. One happens to have an Outlaw 500, no experience with the 525. The Outlaw 500, intake, piped and jetted is faster on the top end than my stock Raptor with the three mods because of the rev limiter. Take the limiter off and I can pull him just a hair on top. The take off is not close. The Outlaw just lacks the torque. I can reasonably assume the Preditor would be the same because they have the same motor. I am not impressed with the Outlaw at all. It might be great for trail riding but in the sand it is very lacking. It should be able to run with the 450's but having ridden several 05 and 06 Honda and Yamaha 450s and the Outlaw is the weakest of the group on take-off. Normally I would chalk this up to rider error but I have seat time on them all. All have the same three mods; intake, piped and jetted. I am really impressed with the YFZ450. After the mods were done it was an animal.

Craig,

·
Registered
130 Posts
I know a couple of guys that have Preditors. They cant keep up. I have also raced a couple and they were at least 5 bike legnths back.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Well I guess NC rules that out since I am in Oregon. Are you in the military? I was stationed at Bragg for a few years and know the area well.

Craig,

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
NVMYRC said:
Well I guess NC rules that out since I am in Oregon. Are you in the military? I was stationed at Bragg for a few years and know the area well.

Craig,
Yes I am.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Hey Cool. I got tagged with Recruiting duty after I returned from Iraq. No way of getting out of that assignment. I am looking to get back in the fight here before too long. Actually looking forward to going back to Iraq.

SSG Hawk,

·
Registered
340 Posts
06RAPPY700R said:
i was riding with a guy a couple weeks ago on a outlaw, His was fast but not that fast. His was all stock, mine is modded a little. The problem he was having was kicking the ass end around a sharp corner. It looked like he was going to roll it every time cause of the independent rear end. Id stay with the raptor.. The outlaw is fast though.
Ive ridden a few IRS quads. Because the rear keeps digging, you have to get high on the tank ( kinda like you're on a dirtbike) to get the ass end to swing. IRS quads have to be handled VERY differently than straight axle.

Frank

·
El Jefe de la Hill
1,593 Posts
NVMYRC said:
Hey Cool. I got tagged with Recruiting duty after I returned from Iraq. No way of getting out of that assignment. I am looking to get back in the fight here before too long. Actually looking forward to going back to Iraq.

SSG Hawk,
That's cool. Are you coming back to Bragg?

So noone has race a 525 yet?

·
Registered
24 Posts
predators go about 35 mph

·
Registered
200 Posts
Preds and Outlaws are fast, but there not race engines. But considering the give up allmost 200cc to a Raptor, they do pretty good even considering there 18lbs heavier. So that would be like comparing the Pred to the 350 Raptor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
My 06 Troy Lee Pred has roughly the same top speed as my 700. I love the Raptor for its smoother power and wider powerband. My Pred motor is geared naturally lower and the power spread isnt near as wide. Kinda like a 2 stroke. My Pred will pull ahead in the first three gears but the Rappy pulls even and takes over until 5th. I have a full Yoshi on the Pred and i feel it has considerably more torque than the Yammi, but once again the narrow powerband hurts the Pred. Polaris seems to get a bad name everywhere you go but owning both i can say my Pred is pretty much equal in performance and reliabaility....to each his own... but i love both these quads :thumbsup: Cant wait to start modding the 700..

·
Registered
665 Posts
That outlaw is mush in the turns, that predator beat me by a lenght the 5th hour on my quad, and the kid weighed like 145 lbs and im 255 lbs, i think that matters, that zuki 450 with a cherry bomb and pipe and lid off will prolly walk the fukk out of all of ya

·
Registered
3,961 Posts
My brother in laws brother's 06 pred 500 that is all modded out definately did NOT smoke my damn near bone stock 06 Rappy 700 (white bros slip on). What he did beat me to was the bottom of the lucky it was empty canal. He overshot the turn going waaaaaaay too fast and rode that sumbitch into the canal. Cracked the front grill and fender plastics, bent (some more) the bars that were bent to begin with from a previous mishap, and some roadrash and a fat lip. Dude is a total maniac. I've ridden his and there is no comparison as far as I'm concerned. The Raptor is just a nicer machine all around. He had to mod the shit outta his to get it to move like mine. Advantage me.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts