Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doing some reading, and there are a lot of party poopers :'( wanting to trade in their 660's for the 700. Two reasons being in stock trim they handle better, and the FI.

Ok, well first of all, who here keeps their quads in stock trim? :crazy:

And is the jetting on these things really that finnicky that a slight elevation change or a difference in weather is going to make them run like crap?

Personally, I would rather have the inexpensive, reliable carbs vs. the FI. Who cares if the 700 is prettier. ::) :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I have never had a problem with jetting until I bought this quad. I run ok at my house but we go ride alot up north a little which is about 2,000 feet higher and it runs horrible. Not to mention I have brought my quad to several shops in my area trying to get the damn thing jetted and they are idiots cause none of them were able to figure it out. God knows why?

I think I am just having bad luck though cause most people figure it out pretty quick and they are our riding in no time.

One reason I want FI really bad is because I live in Phoenix which is elevation 1,000, a one hour drive and I am at 4,000 feet, another hour I am at 8,000 feet. Its just been a real pain dealing with these carbs since I have such a difference in elevation everywhere I ride.

I am done writing my novel. :lol:

I love the raptor and I am sure once I get it jetted properly again I will never wanna get rid of it, I am just having a hard time getting there.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
chucksrz350 said:
try installing a dial a jet rockymountainatv.com sells them
Ive never heard of something like this, how well do they work? Worth the money, since I change my elevation so much?

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
If I had a stock or bolt on raptor and I was thinking about dropping a big load of cash into it I'd take a long hard look at the 700. Carbs in general aren't all that difficult, but the dual cv setup of the 660 is notoriously more of a pain than most other oem setups.

EFI is great, but there's still a lot of hp in carbs and properly tuned they're pretty close in power.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts