Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it take you to burn through your stock rubber, just with normal every day riding? :3question: :burnout: Cause these things are pretty soft! :eek: 8)

Michael

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
I have had mine for 8 months or so and there still pretty good. I have probably like 40-50 hours on her. -- WOODY

·
Registered
6,514 Posts
11Raptor said:
it take you to burn through your stock rubber, just with normal every day riding? :3question: :burnout: Cause these things are pretty soft! :eek: 8)

Michael
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! your not suppose to use them more than once!!!! your suppose to get the family pack and change'em everytime!!!! at least turn'em inside out and reuse them!

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
I didn't get burn through it but punctured both rear tires twice each. Each front once. They're plugged and holding air but my holeshot HD's have ridden the same terrain 5x as much no flats. Stock tires are only good for hard pack, road, or dirt otherwise they suck in my opinion. If I did have them on the whole time they would almost be slicks by now (since november).

·
Registered
988 Posts
My Rears had 10 mins in my yard before I swapped em out and my fronts have about 40 mins on em before i switched for Razr2s......I couldent stand the stockers and from coming off an XC Setup 660 i knew new tires would change a bunch

·
Registered
83 Posts
NICK said:
11Raptor said:

Michael
Dude!!!!!!!!!!! your not suppose to use them more than once!!!! your suppose to get the family pack and change'em everytime!!!! at least turn'em inside out and reuse them!
LMAO :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NICK said:
11Raptor said:

Michael
Well shit I guess I had better get to ordering me some :lol: :thumbsup:

Michael

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I've got more than 20 hours on mine and have ridden dune sand (Coos Bay, Ore.), powder sand/dust trails (Tahuya, Wash.), tree rooted/rock forest trails (Tahuya, Wash), gravel/sand mix (Moses Lake, Wash.) and wet pack/ocean sand (Sand Lakes, Ore.). They've held up fine so far.
I find out tomorrow how well they do in the mud.

·
Registered
273 Posts
[ at least turn'em inside out and reuse them!
[/quote]

Like a condom? :crazy:

I have well over 200 hours on mine but they are getting pretty slick, I'm cheap though.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Yo ge rid of them stock rubbers and throw some other better rubber on there for whatever you ride on.

Check out these street tires

Attachments

·
Registered
243 Posts
I had mine on all last summer, just got the Razr 2s about two months ago, prolly had about 100 hours on the stockers... in my opinion they completely sucked on hard packed dirt.. i was getting stomped by an ltz400 in a gravel pit, but when we put them on the road it wasnt even a race (the ltz was modded too and i was stock)

G

·
Dude I had mine on for 4 hours during my first break in ride and tore a hole right in the side wall of my right front tire. This was on a very rocky trail though. then I replaced the fornts with 22" HD's and I punctured those in 3.7 hours with a small I think it was a catus needle. there is also a slash in the sidewall. I could'nt afford anymore tires at the time and still so I put inner tubes in. Are getting flats common in ATV's? This is my first one I ever owned.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yes ditch those stock tires to me so I can run them. I personally love the stockers as soft compound = grip. If you wanna know what a piss poor tire is bolt up a set of stock rear banshee tires. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya the stockers are holding up better than I thought they would, I ride alot of rocky/wooden terrain. And I do like the slideability of them too

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well i got about 6 months out of mine before i took a chunk out of the side wall luckly i was a my house when i did it. but there were getitn pretty damn bald at point anyway got to were i couldnt even throw mud on my buddys. i also had mine turned around backwards they were awsome when i first did but they went down hill fast. The holeshot xcr's i got now was a alot of improvement over the stockers but i've only got one ride on them and had them about 3 months so.

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
dustine said:
Well i got about 6 months out of mine before i took a chunk out of the side wall luckly i was a my house when i did it. but there were getitn pretty damn bald at point anyway got to were i couldnt even throw mud on my buddys. i also had mine turned around backwards they were awsome when i first did but they went down hill fast. The holeshot xcr's i got now was a alot of improvement over the stockers but i've only got one ride on them and had them about 3 months so.
Damn not getting to ride very much lately? I've been waiting for the time a rock ripes through one... :confused:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts