Raptor Forum banner

How Many Folks Ride Motorcycles?

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Sixpack577 
#1 · (Edited)
I ride about 10000 miles a Year!

I have 2 bikes: Honda CBR F4 600 and also a Suzuki SV 650 V Twin bike (this thing is a blast and a lot of bang for the buck) !

#2 · (Edited)
I am 43, and started on dirtbikes at 12, MX at 18, sportbikes at 18, and have owned quite a few, and ridden most everything Japanese.
I don't currently own a sportbike, because a friend of mine keeps his '18 gsxr1000rr in my basement, and I ride it anytime like it's my own(he drives a truck and doesn't get to ride alot).
As for v-twins, they are alot of fun, my favorite is the old TL1000R.
My avatar is me on my old Hayabusa, and I currently have a Suzuki drz400 dual-sport too.
I love bikes!

and...a Raptor 700 is an old man's dirtbike, lol.
I'm going to sell or trade my drz as it doesn't get along with my knees in the woods anymore.

#3 ·
I ride a 2012 Goldwing and a 2012 KLR Duel Sport. The wing is used for everything from running to the store to cross country trips pulling a small camping trailer. The I take the KLR with me in my Toy Hauler camper. I ride that when I go camping and let the truck stay at the campground. I also have a 77 Goldwing that is a restoration project. It has not run in over 30 years.

#4 ·
Do dirt bikes count? I mainly ride a KX450F at the track and a heavily modded KX500 on the trails. I was the original owner of a '99 Busa but i recently sold it with only 12k miles. Yes i like h.p. lol

#5 ·
Ive had a few. Think ive forgotten more of them than i remember. I love seeing old pictures with a bike i forgot i ever had. Lol. That sv650 is actually a really fun bike, crazy nimble! It would probably be one of my top pics for a city bike. 6pack, you mentioned the TL1000, i never rode one of those. I had a buell xb12 (actually 2 of them) that was tons of fun, unfortunately the gearbox is awful and it had to go. I just sold my 07 CBR 600RR. Its quick and fun and nimble but im hoping to get into something more comfortable this spring

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Sixpack577
#7 ·
The TL's were impressive in their day.
The 1k cc v-twin accelerated like a 750cc 4 cylinder.
They were very torquey, low rpm power wheelies into stand-ups on demand.
The coolest thing was their handling.
On most sportbikes, to lean in a corner you gently pull the bar, and/or push down/ shift your weight on a peg with your foot, and the bike effortless leans over, and you lean or move to bring it back vertical.
The TL, you would do the same...only you have to continue to apply pressure to keep it leaned over, let go, and it pops right back up straight. Strange, no big deal, fun and different.
Not long after I read an article saying that exact thing, and that it was an unknown side effect of the angle, weight, and placement of the v-twin engine!
If you ever get a chance, ride one.
Or find one on CL for sale, ride your bike over, and take a test ride.
I have come close to buying one several times, but prefer a 4 cylinder as I can only have one bike.
But, since my friends have always let ride their bikes, and my free 1k is downstairs, lol, I seriously look at them when they occasionally show up for sale, so I may get one yet.

#6 ·
I agree with Motorman if dirt bikes count. Have had quite a few of those, just sold my yz250F last summer but kept my WR250F, I like it for the trails. Last street bike I had was years ago...if I recall it was a gold/chrome Virago 1100 after learning on a Yamaha Maxim 650 I think it was.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.