Raptor Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be riding in a poker run in a couple of weekends and there are 2 choices.... 25 miles or 50 miles, with no gas truck at the middle of the course.

Can we make it 50 miles on one tank of gas??? I know I've gone like 30-35 a couple of times, but I've never pushed it any further than that.

The riding will be high desert and woods in Central Oregon. Elevation at about 4500' to 5000'.

·
Registered
113 Posts
good question.

I get about an hour of hard riding for half a tank, never thought to figure the milage.

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snowman said:
good question.

I get about an hour of hard riding for half a tank, never thought to figure the milage.
Most poker runs that I enter are around 40 to 50 miles with a gas truck at the middle check point. I usually add about a gallon and a half after 20-25 miles, so I'm thinking that 50 miles might have me coming in on vapors.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
this topic his been talked about quite abit as of recently. Do a "search" and I'm sure you'll find you answer. Click on the search function and go fromt here. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I did read the above mentioned topic...but I was hoping more folks would know whether or not riding hard (2/3 to Full Throttle like 75% of the time) for 50 miles seemed reasonable...especially at such a high altitude.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
nwquadriders said:
Thanks, I did read the above mentioned topic...but I was hoping more folks would know whether or not riding hard (2/3 to Full Throttle like 75% of the time) for 50 miles seemed reasonable...especially at such a high altitude.
Sounds good to me, when I am riding really hard in AZ heat ( 100+ ) I get about 40-50 miles to a tank.

·
Registered
75 Posts
why dont u figure out a way to strap a quart of gas somewhere or even get a 6 pack rack for the back.

·
Super Moderator NW Raptor Rally Coordinator
1,379 Posts
Bit off the question but I am from oregon and the pocker run sounds fun, Might I ask where it is and when?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
stonny9 said:
why dont u figure out a way to strap a quart of gas somewhere or even get a 6 pack rack for the back.
I've thought about that, and may just get one of those Nalgene Bottles and dedicate it for extra gas. I can strap one of those to the back side of my front bumper pretty easily. I worry about putting any extra weight on the tip of the aluminum subframe. It may be the best answer though.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
well i know for a fact that when the "low fuel" light comes on you have about 5-7 miles of hauling ass before she starts bogging and sputtering.

·
Registered
394 Posts
If the gas light comes on, just turn it to reserve. :lol:

·
Registered
130 Posts
hard trail riding i get about 40-50 miles moderate road riding ive got as much as 85 miles to a tank

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
The new Dirt Wheels says 60miles to the tank is what they got in there test against the Grizzly and Renaged

1 - 16 of 16 Posts