Raptor Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it safe to catch big air with a normal +2 setup with standard travel aftermarket shocks? When I first started riding, a friend of mine with a long travel elka setup said that the only way to safely clear 100ft tabletops was to have a long travel setup.

I've bottomed-out my raptor a couple times on big jumps and it's a shitty feeling. I'm just wondering if now that I have a widened quad and will have TCS rebuilt shocks, that I will be able to jump higher/further without bottoming out.

·
Registered
735 Posts
as long as your spring rate is right, you could jump stock shocks w/o bottoming out. I wouldnt though... long travel means a longer shock stroke, not mearly a difference in wheel travel... this in the end keeps shocks cooler and helps preven fade ect. If you arms arent long travel arms, you should be ok, if they are, then they are desinged to accomidate the longer shock stroke.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.