Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how much of a difference these will actually make in my rides, right now iam running the lte's and the power commander with the lid off, iam feeling like i have too much quad and cant use all the power cuz it is so rough of of a ride on the trails, i mainly ride trails, and iam only going for the front elkas right now, iam just curious if these will be that noticable of a difference through the trails or are they mainly for jumping? right now shit is bumpyy!!!!!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
The difference is night and day. Stockers can't hold a candle to Elka's, Axis, ect....

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Get a steering dampner too, Denton makes a good rebuildable for about 150 and you might not feel likes its doing much but ride it for awhile after you get it adjusted then take it off and go for a ride then you'll really see how much faster and stable the ride is with it

·
Registered
316 Posts
Hello again everyone.Finally got into my new house out here in New Mexico.Problem was its a new living area and there are no phone lines and after a few months just got my internet hooked up again with wireless.Missed this place among others.Must have missed alot,got to do some catching up.As far as the question here,yes, elkas make a huge difference over stock(providing you get the elites or top quality sport and racing series).I have been doing alot of riding out here in all the trails(which allot of them are real rough-obsticle filled gncc type trails) and also hitting a good number of jumps.All i can say is that now i am convinced more than ever that my elka elites are the best suspension i could have gotton.As i said before,maybe i got lucky with the valving considering some other reports but these shocks are just amazing.I am hitting jumps that are beyond what i ever thought i would be hitting at this point and even the biggest are no match for these shocks.Just like landing on pillows even when flat landing on bigger jumps.As far as the rough trails go they are no problem and i find myself flying through them over obsticles in fourth gear no problem.I will add though i have the precision stabalizer(with allot of damping in the middle-85 percent) as well as flexx bars along with all the other mods which also contribute to my quads performance.I am just real happy with this quad and with all the mods i have paid for and would not trade it for any other quad.Hope this helps some.

·
Registered
102 Posts
What type of damping are you riding with promethius?

Erik

·
Registered
316 Posts
Rapt7ooR said:
What type of damping are you riding with promethius?

Erik
The damping i am reffering to is from the precision stabalizer which has two adjusments.One is for the middle which is when you have the bars straight forward and are hitting whoops and other obsticles-impacts and the other is for the sides when you are taking turns.I have the middle turned all the way up to 85 percent so i have allot of damping effect when flying straight through the trails which is where i hit most obsticles and soft on the sides because i don't really need it when i am turning much.It makes a big difference at high speeds because it stops the bars from getting jerked around over impacts and lets the suspension do all the work.Thanks for the welcome MONSTERMATT and good choice with the elkas.I am pretty sure all the top brand aftermarkets are awesome and will make a big difference.But i know from personal experience about the elkas performance and obviously am very satisfied with them.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts