Raptor Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 734 Kit with web cam 111, extreme port. (It runs excellent by the way) If I installed an 8 mil. crank in this bike without changing anything else, how much horsepower should I pick up? Is this the missing link to making this an extra strong running machine?

Grant

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
This is a good question!! I don't know the answer, but I'll be watching this post. Also how much less reliable would it be if at all? :crazy:

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was hoping closer to 8-12 hp. with this expensive Mod. I have seen the RF crank price at $950 for a 4 mil. and $1250 for the 8 mil. I would guess another $500 to install it. Probably not worth the $1500-$1750. for 3-5hp ?? :( ??

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
What is your HP right now? With the mods you have and going to even a +6mill stroke crank should put you at over 70 HP and 60 ft/lb TQ or more if you get it dyno tuned & Re-mapped 8)

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
RaptorRandy27 said:
What is your HP right now? With the mods you have and going to even a +6mill stroke crank should put you at over 70 HP and 60 ft/lb TQ or more if you get it dyno tuned & Re-mapped 8)
I have not yet had my quad dyno'd. The local shop has just relocated and I don't feel cumfortable with their dyno tech and setup yet. Quite frankly I am not that interested in what my quad dyno's in at, more importantly how can I build more power. This being said I do realize there is hp in dyno TUNING too, but I wonder why tune now if I am going to do more motor mods? I am still interested in the INCREASE in power a + ? mil. crank will deliver over my bike with a stock stroke. :unsure:

·
Registered
262 Posts
My bike is in the shop right now getting a 4 mil crank we shall see how much is gives I'll let everyone know.

·
Premium Member
5,119 Posts
It's hard to tell you what the exact HP increase you can expect with out knowing what HP your at now. If your at 60 RWHP and you go with a +6 mil stroke crank you can get 70 to 75 RWHP with the right mapping if that's any help.

·
Registered
66 Posts
You may have to buy a new piston too. I believe all 8 mil cranks require a special piston with a different pin location. The 6 mil depending on the rod may be able to use a shelf piston. The increase in compression will help the hp alot. Kenz quoted me much lower prices on balanced stroker cranks. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
RaptorRandy27 said:
It's hard to tell you what the exact HP increase you can expect with out knowing what HP your at now. If your at 60 RWHP and you go with a +6 mil stroke crank you can get 70 to 75 RWHP with the right mapping if that's any help.
Yes that is the help I was fishing for :thumbsup: It sounds like My raptor is probably in the 55-60hp RWHP range, and if so, an added 10-15 RWHP to me would be worth the investment. If I ride one of these that has been done "right" and stroked, i will probably have my credit card out before I get off of it.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Crankworks actually its local here in phoenix and my builder uses them he also stated that crankworks has some new procon Rod or something of the sort so I can use my off the shelf piston I bought less then 4 months ago lol

·
Registered
815 Posts
raptorjunkyard- What HP are you at now ? ? do you know ? ? .... Do you still have the factory swingarm.... if so - are you going to get a longer one after you get this +4 crank installed ? ?

I am VERY curious of your numbers now... .and then what they are after the +4 crank is installed....

Plattner

·
Premium Member
3,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Raptorjunkyard said:
Crankworks actually its local here in phoenix and my builder uses them he also stated that crankworks has some new procon Rod or something of the sort so I can use my off the shelf piston I bought less then 4 months ago lol
Our motors are very close to the same, AND I have only had mine done for 3 months. I am glad to hear I can possibly use my new 12:1 piston with this crank, i think I will try to get a hold of this company and talk to them---Thanks for the info.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
He is already big bore and properly set up should be 65ish or so @ the wheels aready so when I say 3-5 gain without thinkin about it then thats what I mean....at least that much. The torque gain is whats important.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I dyno'd around 64 WHP keep in mind about the cranks The MAIN part is keeping it balanced Crankworks has been around forever and kenz uses them I believe. The main part is to keep your off shelf piston with the crank and have it all balanced together. I have a +4 swing arm from t-dub right now I'm wondering if I shoulda went with a +6 lol we shall see.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I went with +6 crank and big bore. Ken told me with this set up he was getting 83hp with his throtle body. If i ever get mine back ill take it to my dyno and see what i get

1 - 17 of 17 Posts