Raptor Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was going to sell my Raptor 660 back to the guy I got it from. I traded him my Wolverine 350 for it and the raptor had a bad transmission. He gave me $300 on top of the trade. Now that I put a new tranny in it he wants to buy it back.

How much is it worth? It is a 2001. Has aluminum skid plates, ct racing exhaust, the vented lid and K&N filter. ITP holeshot HD's all the way around 90% tread. ITP baja rims ( real clean, no dents). New transmission (forks,shafts, gears, clips 02-05 spec). New clutch plates, lever and cable. new o ring chain and sprockets. Protech aluminum handle bar clamp. Handguards. Spare swingarm,rad hoses and waterpump and the stock rear rims and tires. AC RAcing bumper. New rear bearing carrier spacer and bearings.

I figure if he'll give me $2500 or more I'll take it. What do you guys think?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
that sound about right but I doubt you would sell it for that easily though:( these old 660's arent worth much most you see sell for around here a 1800-2500 unless it has some major mods but even then they don't usually bring much.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Sucks but true.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I figured. I had it listed a while ago but then the guy said he wanted to buy it back. I figure as long as he'll go $2500 I'll let him take it.

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
If he's willing to throw you $2500, I'd take it and run all day. I haven't looked up the NADA values (not that they are end-all-be-all), but I don't think it's going to have that kind of a number for that year.

For the record, I looked up the NADA value for a 2001, and the number was just over $2000 for average retail. So that should give you a good idea...

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
If you don't want your Raptor, take the $2500 or more... if you do want it, it's priceless.

·
Registered
435 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I'm in complete agreement too, I just felt that IF the bike wasn't that important to him, he isn't going to get many people that are willing to pay $2500 for an '01 660, regardless of shape. Best of luck either way to him though.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm 16, and a sophomore in high-school. I have a 97 3/4ton club cab dodge. It gets horrible mileage. I am looking to buy a car right now and It's just a matter of priority. Keep the raptor or get a car. I'm getting my license next month so the car will be more useful to get to and from a job. Then I can buy another quad with the money saved up.

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
I'm 16, and a sophomore in high-school. I have a 97 3/4ton club cab dodge. It gets horrible mileage. I am looking to buy a car right now and It's just a matter of priority. Keep the raptor or get a car. I'm getting my license next month so the car will be more useful to get to and from a job. Then I can buy another quad with the money saved up.
Will if thats the case then get rid of it it will save you LOTS of money

·
Master of the Electron
15,074 Posts
Can't get to work on the Raptor.... easy decision.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts