Raptor Forum banner

How much is your bike worth???

• More than your wifes car

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More than your own car

• More than both your wife and your cars together

• More than you put down on your home (if you have one)

• The only money you have (which is very sad if you choose this one)

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was just asking as I see some people post some nice pics of their own bikes but in some fcuked up scenery in the back :) and was just curious how crazy are you all.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Its more than I put down on my home cause I used my VA loan to get the house and only put a grand down on the place. I think after a few more mods I will have spent more than the wifes car.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
i paid around 7 grand for my commuter p.o.s. its an 01 dodge stratus, i hate it. i got 150 thousand miles on it now so it probably worth about 1500. paid 6400 for the rappy in janurary and droped more than i want to talk about in mods. wife drives MY 1500 hemi except on the weekends i go riding(every weekend). there is a saying here in southern maryland, your a real SMIB when your 45' carolina classic is parked in front of you 50' house trailer. i see them all over, 100,000 boat vs. 10,000 house. i think id just live on the boat

·
Registered
331 Posts
I dont want to know what ive spent so far.

·
Registered
815 Posts
I do knw what i've spent, and its too much on a FOURWHEELER.... ha ha ... i have more in my bike then most of my friends have in thier vehicles...ha ha ha - - My girlfriend loves my atv and the look of it, but hates the fact that i spend more time with it then her...ha ha ha

Plattner

·
Registered
841 Posts
more than I would have like to spend on a quad I know that. I just wanted something to ride with my cousin in spare time.....but Im done Im not puttin anymore money into it was thinkin of sellin it and gettin a Banshee though, I love the sound of them bitches :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
More than I put down on my house...did a 100% loan on the 1st one. But closing on the new one May 30th and it is putting a dent in my pocket :(

·
Registered
312 Posts
SMIB fursure said:
i paid around 7 grand for my commuter p.o.s. its an 01 dodge stratus, i hate it.

I drive a DODGE STRATUS!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
StuntPunkJames said:
more than I would have like to spend on a quad I know that. I just wanted something to ride with my cousin in spare time.....but Im done Im not puttin anymore money into it was thinkin of sellin it and gettin a Banshee though, I love the sound of them bitches :grin_nod:
Say that now :crazy: :lol: :p

·
Registered
751 Posts
lets see... 8300 for the bike (tax, freight, ect) after every was said and done.
about 3-4k into mods, repairs, ect. for the bike
3000 for the wifes quad + about 500 into mods
34k for my truck
didnt pay for the wifes car
dont own a home yet

·
GO BIG OR GO HOME
2,254 Posts
well now i paid $6200 for the bike new, about 2500-3500 in parts, mods, access. and screw ups :eek: :eek:
paid about 32k for my Chevrolet duramax
paid $2200 for my 74 chev k20 wheeler and have about $6000 + into that :'(
then my 1970 olds 442 well now ive got over $12000 in restoratiion and still half way done :eek:
and i dont really want to know about anything else.

Well u only live once, so u might as well have fun while u can

Have to pay to play :grin_nod:

·
Registered
17,851 Posts
I started Tallying everything up last week, trying to get an estimate in how much I have into mine thus far..... Its just over $9000 and climbing! I drive a 96' Taurus thats worth.... $1400 :lol:

·
Registered
988 Posts
Payed $6350 for the Quad brand new

got about $1800-$2000 into Mods

Drive a Trade in Jeep Comanche ($400), about $2500 later its my Driver and race Rig

Dont own a Home yet or have to deal with the womens expenses but the Quad easly overruns my Truck in value :crazy:

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
man you gus that dont even own your own house got the whole priority thing backwards. should go like this if your over 18, kids, house, truck, then rappy. if your under 18 then fuck it, mommy and daddy still pay your bills.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
SMIB fursure said:
man you gus that dont even own your own house got the whole priority thing backwards. should go like this if your over 18, kids, house, truck, then rappy. if your under 18 then fuck it, mommy and daddy still pay your bills.
That sounds like the way I did it, but I think the house should come before the kids. I think it should go trasportation, house, then pretty much whatever after that.

·
Registered
965 Posts
I've got about $7800 tied up in my Raptor (including cost). Bought my truck for $8800, and got around $1200 into it. No house, no wife :thumbsup:

·
Registered
751 Posts
SMIB fursure said:
some people like to live their lives differently. I dont go by the book.. . mine was more like school, college, bmw college, work, truck, quad, marrage, house, kids, dog, goldfish. I think i have my priorities just how i want them.. Im in no rush. and if/when i need a downpayment for a house, well that is when i sell the quads. (yeah right) You can live your life in your fashion, but i love how i live mine. Plus here in massachusetts is a little more expensive to live. a 400,000 dollar house will get you .5 acre's, maybe a garage, and about 2000 square feet of living space, next to a highway, and the house would be built in 1940's.. its a little different up here in taxachusetts.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts