Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How much nicer are the 700s compared to the 660s?

cuz i might wanna buy one some time.... i have a super clean 660r now
what u guys think...

·
Registered
8 Posts
i just recently started riding with a guy who has a 660 with a gytr exhaust and i have a stock 700 when i tried his 660 it didn't feel as stable felt like a higher center of gravity but the power was almost the same even with his pipe just a little lacking. just my limited expierience

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Soo does the 700s feel my stable?

·
Premium Member
604 Posts
the new 700s are pretty damn stable, especially the newer ones with the piggyback shock all the way around, the power stock is on point, its not too much that you cant handle but its just enough that stock for stock there is not much out there that you cannot hang with, IMO its the perfect balance of power to handling out there

·
LOOK UP IN THE SKY ITS A BIRD, A PLANE, THAT'S THE
547 Posts
i think the 700 is stable !i got to ride a couple of 660 before i bought my 700 .i think it like night and day .i think its much nicer than the 660 .if you get to ride one you will see ,i know i did .well hope ya get one soon !:D

·
Registered
201 Posts
I owned an '04 Raptor 660 LE before I had my 700 SE and their is a huge difference. The 660 felt almost tipsy when cornering. It was hard to slide the rearend around. I can take some hard turns on my 700 and never feel uncomfortable. Mine has stock piggybacks all the way around, but my other 700 doesn't. It still is a major improvement over the 660 stock suspension. In fact, it's easy to flip it up and ride on 2 wheels with my 700's, but very hard with the 660 because the front suspension is just too soft.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
go with the 700 you'll be happy you did !!

imho nite and day diff !!

·
Registered
311 Posts
my friend have a 660 with full exhaust ,piston, 6" extended and i out run him with my 700 when it was completly stock,and that was at my first week with the raptor.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, maybe ill sell my 660 and get some dough then....buy a used rappy, theres ones in my area for about $4000 with like 10 hours

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I owned an '04 Raptor 660 LE before I had my 700 SE and their is a huge difference. The 660 felt almost tipsy when cornering. It was hard to slide the rearend around. I can take some hard turns on my 700 and never feel uncomfortable. Mine has stock piggybacks all the way around, but my other 700 doesn't. It still is a major improvement over the 660 stock suspension. In fact, it's easy to flip it up and ride on 2 wheels with my 700's, but very hard with the 660 because the front suspension is just too soft.
on the whole easy to get on its side thing....i have no prob getting my raptor on two wheels for a bicycle...im acctually a bicycle king so maybe thats why??
haha :cool::eek::D

·
Registered
621 Posts
Theres a massive differene I had a 660 last year and done over 1500 miles on it and after riding my 700 I dont know how I managed it for so long. They handle better dont feel like your gonna tip over in every corner and lets face it they look well dated compared to the 700. IMO the Raptor 700 is the best looking quad out there. :cool:

·
Registered
621 Posts
I could wheelie my 660 but you had to flick the clutch. The 700 does it off the throttle in 2nd and higer gears once tuned. :cool:

·
Registered
201 Posts
on the whole easy to get on its side thing....i have no prob getting my raptor on two wheels for a bicycle...im acctually a bicycle king so maybe thats why??
haha :cool::eek::D
I have alot more practice at it now, so maybe that adds to it. I just know that I was very wobbly trying it on the 660.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When I bought my 08 700, I hadn't ridden a quad for 10 years. Within 10 minutes i was sliding it around corners. Very easy to ride. You can't go wrong.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This topic has been covered many times over the last 5 years, do a search
I just purchased an '06 700 and an '02 660, so i suppose here shortly Im going to find out the handling differences first hand.

Meanwhile, I have indeed attempted this 660 vs 700 search and I must not be stringing the words together exactly perfect for the search engine. It disperses the words I choose randomly throughout the postings in the search results.

At any rate, what has been done in the past to combat the handling flaws of the 660? Axle spacers are the first thing that comes to mind...different front shocks perhaps?

If anyone has any old links to old threads that pertain to the subject please feel free to post em as Id love to research them myself. :eek:

Thanks,
Vince

·
Super Moderator
17,057 Posts
Try searching "thread titles only"

The 700 is all new, from the ground up. Take a look at the dimensions on the Yamaha specs page, you'll see it's about 3 inches wider and a few inches longer than the 660.

Your 06 will have the old, pogo stick front shocks like came on the 660. Later models got better shocks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Try searching "thread titles only"

The 700 is all new, from the ground up. Take a look at the dimensions on the Yamaha specs page, you'll see it's about 3 inches wider and a few inches longer than the 660.

Your 06 will have the old, pogo stick front shocks like came on the 660. Later models got better shocks.
Well the 660 should be on its way to somewhat better handling then as it has an extended swingarm on it already...perhaps some added width at the axles may help.

Its basically gonna be my girlfriends ride anyway...seems I have to buy everything (snowmobiles, dirt bikes, now quads) in two's now days, since she likes riding as much as I do! :eek:

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well when i can get the cash ill buy a 700...OH hey does the 700 plastics fit on the 660?? :)
cuz i saw someone on here with them and i was like uhh!! wat!! i want those :D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts