Raptor Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As in the title: Just got my wife a new quad and it came with the sparks Big core X6, so How much will the sparks hold me back. I know that going from my HMF Bill Ballance Pro to the sparks will help a lot. I would like to sell both and buy big bore duals.

·
Registered
26 Posts
From what I hear the sparks big core will be right up there with some of the dual systems, but the Sparks is super loud. Sparks makes some quality pipes

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
The X6 will probably hold you back a bit from the duals, Its the xx6 I believe thats the one that keeps up with the duals, or whichever one preddy08 has. Talk with preddy he has run the X6 too I believe and his new pipe he got made by sparks to his likings.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I know it's loud as hell and the left header hits my big oil tank so I will have to go back to the stock oil tank to make it work... Are we talking 2 or 3 hp or what?

·
"Sand Hustler"
1,644 Posts
I know it's loud as hell and the left header hits my big oil tank so I will have to go back to the stock oil tank to make it work... Are we talking 2 or 3 hp or what?
I am going to say if you go with the monster big bores you will see maybe 3-4more hp. The standard duals will get you maybe 2 hp and the big bores get 2 more than the standard bore pipes.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
Theres also barker big bore pipes if you are set on barkers. Standard duals would probably give more than 2 HP over the X6. According to Dls sheets the XX6 which is the top performing sparks was still 1.5hp down from the standard barkers.

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
The XX6 BIG BIG core is the dual runner. They advertise it as a drag only pipe because it is so loud, cannot run a spark arrestor, or a quiet core.

Your missing out on a couple top end HP but in your useable range for the wife its probably not going to be too noticeable.

·
*Woo Woo!*
621 Posts
I think he was refering to his 770 bike he might throw the sparks on it from the wifes quad or get a set of duals for it. Hes currently running an HMF.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
What's up with the hearder hitting the oil tank!!! I like my oil tank and that is pissing me off. If it dont sell I will have to put the old tank back on it and just run the SPARKS.
Yes this is not for the wife's it's for my 770.

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
I've got no back to back compairo of the X6BC and XX6 2.5" but I really liked my old X6BC. There's nothing wrong with the BC on a big three or even a semi built bike, but once you start adding the 105 bore and stroker with a ported head I think the big 2.5" core is the only way to go. I really dont think the xx6 2.5" is that loud. I have a buddy with a yfzr with a standard sparks and its way louder than my bike.

As far as the oil tank issues, try taking it off and repositioning the header slip fits to see if you can clear the oil tank. I have a over sized tank on my bike and had no issues with either of my sparks pipe.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well I just installed the CCX6BC with the stock oil tank and it only has about 1/32 from the header that is just to close for me, it has to heat the oil up... Preddy we have a very close build...

·
Just a 78HP trail bike
2,426 Posts
Mines just fine, try readjusting the header.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It's all good now. I had to bend the tabs on the frame that hold the oil tank... Well i went down the power lines and it tops out very quick and it pulls much better up top. I checked the plug and it is light tan...

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will be going very soon I hope... Hey Bo, I ran it in the 300' drags and it went 5.3 at 61mph so it is making so good hp. (with all my gear on I am 280lb)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts