Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how often everyone changes there oil...i change mine every two rides, or after every race... what about everyone else?

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Around 3 rides just depending and length.

Will usually always change it before and after a 2 day camping ride. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Wow, I change mine once a season (probably 80 hours) and 10 hours on the breakin, also use synthetic oil.

·
Registered
241 Posts
The book says every 20 hours for a oil and filter change but this what the dealer said to me if it was his do the following
1st Change - after 2-3 tanks of fuel - Just incase theres any left over machining crap in your engine i change the filter and oil
2nd Change - 1st 20 hour service since your still wearing in the motor Oil + Filter

Then every 10 hours after that change the oil and filter

But now im thinking of changing to syn oil since all is worn in plus if you buy a real good oil you can gain a couple of hps plus it stops all the wearing too .
Looking at some at types of oil now up to $140.00 AU for 5 lts plus its sticky like chewing gum .

·
Registered
767 Posts
Every 20 hours with Amsoil.

·
Registered
130 Posts
every 15 hours i use yamalube 20w40

·
Registered
135 Posts
every 15 ours with Amsoil

·
Registered
26 Posts
Every 20 hrs,I use mobil 1

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I do it around every 20 hours and use yamalube.

·
Registered
104 Posts
if you look at the manual it says first change in 20 hours then it is 160 hours from then on which is the same as the rest of the maintenace on every thing else.
if i did mine every 20hr. it would be once a weak or every other weak all summer long that would be alot of oil.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I usually change mine every other dessert trip and filter every four trips.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Air filter after every ride
Oil is around 10-30 depending on the riding. And always after a race. Filter is every other time or two. But only cause I'm putting about 15 to 20 hrs a week on the quad. and I got tired of changing the filter weekly.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
why would you all change the oil but not the filter. I would assume that changing the filter before the oil would be the way to go. Not vice versus.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts