Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Don't Hesitate Accelerate
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so i'm assuming that with street riding i'll have to change my oil less then if i was riding off road. How often do you guys recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Take a white paper towel and see what color is you oil, if its real dark, change it. Are you running full synthetic?

·
Registered
156 Posts
You're not going to be riding it nearly as hard as if you were off road so that should really enhance your time between oil changes.

·
Registered
850 Posts
You're not going to be riding it nearly as hard as if you were off road so that should really enhance your time between oil changes.
I beg to differ on this. You may not be pulling in the contaminates like you would off road, but the long periods on high rpm runs is what really breaks down the oil.

·
The UK's fastest Raptor
1,188 Posts
When I ride street only I change it every 500miles. A lot of the time on the street is spent cruising at low to mid rpm, gear changes are less often, acceleration is more gentle and there are less contaminants to pick up. And the engine temp tends to be lower as it's easy going, unless you get stuck in traffic.

In contrast if I'm riding track of trials I might change it every other trip.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts