Raptor Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys

I have recently purchased a 03 raptor 660R, this is the first bike i have owned so i'm only a beginner.
I have been reading heaps of info on here and what ever Google has too offer
and i'm now confused on which way i should go to lower my quad too make it handle better.
So far i'm planning on flipping the rear link and getting extended hubs for the rear axle i'm just not sure what to do with the front,
i'm familiar with the lowering kits available i just dont know which one would suit,
and i dont want to fork out the dosh and find out its either too low or my bike rides like shit
i'm in Australia so the postage cost's hurt a little.
I will pretty much use the bike on the beach/dunes and sand/dirt trails nothing else.

Any suggestions or comments would be much appreciated
Cheers Paul

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
http://www.cfmperformanceatv.com/raptor660propg.html

If you plan on doing any jumping of any kind, this is probably the only lowering kit I'd consider putting on there. Replace the front shocks with YFZ450 fronts, wider A arms, those are some good places to start.

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
eat at mcdonalds 3 meals a day for 3 months....that should squat it down a bit

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cheers guys

so from what i know of i can either install

# CFM lowering kit and flipp rear link
#DiamondJ 4.5 kit and rear link
# YFZ front shocks and rear link
# +2+1 A-arms standard shocks and flip rear link

If i did a jump it wouldn't be intentional, i'm pretty sure the A-arm's
would be the better choice but its expensive with postage cost's
tho if people have done any of the following and ended up getting
new arms in the end then maybe i should just bite the bullet, which one would
be the ideal set up for a beginner?

Thanks for your help
Paul

·
Premium Member
3,166 Posts
I think wheels spacers would be more affective personally if your looking for a cheap way to stabilize your bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That looks pretty good have you flipped you rear link? how does it sit? Looks like you still have a decent amount of ground clearance

cheers for the Pic
Paul

·
Nothing Worth Having Is Easy To Get
283 Posts
thanks man! nope, no flipped rear link. it sits pretty nice, i can really tell when i'm sitting on it, i didn't get a chance to ride it yet, and yeah i didn't loose too much ground clearance from what it looks to me.

Here are some more pics for ya.

·
Nothing Worth Having Is Easy To Get
283 Posts
this is how my rear is set up too. the rear lowering kit pretty much replaces the link. plus it is adjustable with just a 3/4" wrench, in seconds you can change your height.

the black arrow is pointing towards the 3/4" nut that you turn to raise and lower it. then after you have your desired height, you insert a small allan head set screw on the side of the nut to lock it in place.

·
Registered
186 Posts

lowered on left stock on right

1 - 11 of 11 Posts