Raptor Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always rode my raptor in sneakers... I got tired of the top of my hurt being sore and always having soaking wet feet so i got a pair of thor 5050 boots. much more comfortable... but they wont fit under the shifter. I took the shifter off the spline and rotated it back and now my boot fits under perfectly fine.. but its almost impossible to shift cause the geometry is screwed up. the shifter adjuster doesn't seem like it will raise the shifter up enough to get my boot under... any hints?
btw, its a 660, stock shifter and has a set of dg nerf bars

·
Premium Member
2,907 Posts
Are you sure its a stock shifter? Stock is mounted to the foot peg, not splines. You should be able to make some more room by messing around with the linkage.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no, its the stock one. i know its mounted to the foot peg, but i pulled it off the spline and rotated it on the spline for it to be higher up (think the effect it has when you shift, the shifter is higher when you shift since its rotated on the spline)

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
Your best bet is to get an aftermarket shifter that mounts directly to the shift shaft. The pro design power shifter is your best bet. It is a little longer too.

·
Super Moderator
17,060 Posts
no, its the stock one. i know its mounted to the foot peg, but i pulled it off the spline and rotated it on the spline for it to be higher up (think the effect it has when you shift, the shifter is higher when you shift since its rotated on the spline)
Then this is likely your problem, the linkage is meant to be adjusted first before you start rotating anything about the shaft. You should see a small nut on the linkage connecting the section on the shaft and the shifter, this is what you adjust first, and then only rotate the piece on the shaft if the adjustment has started to bind the linkage, or basically the reverse of what has happened on yours.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Check to see if the shifter is hitting on the plastic cover of the case save. I moved my shifter up and it wouldn't let me upshift because it was hitting the cover. I just broke the buttom part of the cover with a chisel and a hammer.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts