Raptor Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
The plates wouldnt affect the actual transmission, they would fail long before the gears if this is the case. It could be a transmission problem also that may have nothing to do with the clutch also, but you need to get the plates in the right way and maybe replace them if they got worn being in the wrong order, what year is your raptor?

·
Registered
2 Posts
won't shift

Installed EBC clutch and springs, first start up it shot a spring over the bolt and broke one fin on the clutch basket. got new springs and put it back together and the clutch works great but shifter is jammed and will not shift at all. should i take the clutch side apart again or do straight to the other side and look at the shift drum and shift fork?

·
Registered
17 Posts
In step #5, you put the shaft down into the case. Mine will go down but leaving about an inch sticking out. Like it won't seat all the way down. Is there anything I can do besides taking the case all the way back off? I tried the turning all the way around till it can't turn anymore and it just spins and spins. What is the gear supposed to line up with inside the case. Good gawd!!! I hope I don't have to take the cover back off!!!!

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Sounds like you might have to reach into the case and try to turn the shaft with a screwdriver so you can line up the gear to the teeth in the clutch puller shaft......................

·
Registered
1 Posts
Crazywolf

i follwed the instructions i found here clutch went in fine put it all back together clutch feels good bike pulls out fine but the shifter wont move stuck i think in 2 gear it worked fine when i pulled it apart did i touch something. if i dont get this thing working soon my kids gonna go into withdraw. help please.....
I did the same thing with my 660. What was the fix?

·
Registered
819 Posts
I hit a snag. The instructions say there are number on the new clutch, but I am putting in a barnett and cant find any number. Are the 2 friction plates with the kevlar all the way around instead of with space inbetween like the other 6 have, do those two go on the ends?? Thank you!

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
there are no numbers on the clutch. there are 2 steels that are smaller than the rest.

·
Registered
5 Posts
can some one please help im missing number 8 in the pic the cush plate dealer says this is wrong diagram what is the part number for the cush plate thanks

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
if i remember right its a big o ring looking cushion.
mike

·
Registered
51 Posts
i have a question i just got my ebc clutch and i dont know what order to put it in...like does it matter???..just a friction steel friction sleet and so on??...with putting the cushion plate in

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
leave the cusion/compression spring out and it goes in this order
B Fiber (B stands for BIG)
steel
S fiber (S stands for SMALL)
steel
B fiber
steel
B fiber
steel
B fiber
steel
B fiber
steel
B fiber
steel
S fiber
make sure there are in this order you can easily look at the fibers and see the difference between the larger and smaller fibers there are only 2 small fibers and 6 large fibers and 7 steels

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
no you dont need it in there and alot of aftermarket clutch kits tell you to leave it out
but every kit is different i have always left mine out with no issues..ive used both the gyt-r and the tusk clutches

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
you shouldnt have problems be sure to pre soak your fibers before installing

ALSO make sure clutch is adjusted properly and you break in the clutch

·
Registered
51 Posts
do i adjust it so theres like about 1/8 inch of play ?...play at the motor lever or at the lever???.and how do i go breaking in a clutch??..lol sorry for all the questions...this is my first clutch im doing by myself

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
do i adjust it so theres like about 1/8 inch of play ?...play at the motor lever or at the lever???.and how do i go breaking in a clutch??..lol sorry for all the questions...this is my first clutch im doing by myself
i leave about 1/16 -1/8 on the motor and 1/16 - 1/8 on the lever you may need to tweak it from there but it usualy works good for me

breaking it in is easy again first make sure it is in the right order and you presoaked your fibers....after buttoning up the motor and adjusting the cable start the engine let it come up to temp then pull in the clutch and shift to first....as you let out the clutch REAL slow you will feel the quad role forward...this is the friction zone....now what i do is just lightly drag the rear brake and slip the clutch a few times.....this will heat the clutch some and help to bed it in...do this a few times and you should be ok...this is how i have always done it for my clutches and have never seen an issues some may do it differently

41 - 60 of 134 Posts