Raptor Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Raptor Im currently working on has A LOT of varnish in the tank. I tried rising it out with fuel but its still coming out just as dirty. I was thinking about filling it with soapy water and using a toilet bowl scrubber and scrubbing the inside. After that I can rinse with water, then with clean fuel and let it dry out.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I think carb cleaner would do a better job of dissolving the varnish, it works great on carbs. My concern would be if it would damage the tank, I don't think it would but you need to be sure it won't. Maybe someone else will chime in.

·
Master of the Electron
15,685 Posts
Equivalent to methanol is Denatured Alcohol at Home Depot in the paint section. It's actually pure ethanol that's been tainted so you can't drink it, lol.

I always keep it around for cleaning stuff - doesn't eat paint like other solvents, but its a great degreaser and leaves no residue behind.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
I keep a little acetone on hand. It is how you get finger print / streak free chrome and aluminum after polishing.

If those don't work you could always buy a gallon bucket of carb dip. Put some in and shake it around. Just dont leave it in the tank to long.

Take it to the car wash and power wash it out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts