Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering if any one could tell me what to use to clean the swing arm and the crank case. It seems like that cast just dosn't like to come clean, I even scrubed it with a rag and a spounge. The problem is that I didn't clean it right away and the dirt and mud like stained it. Any help would be great.

Thanks
Derrick

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
You could use contact cleaner on some of it. It will take anything off, so I would watch where you spray it....and dont get it on painted things.

That or WD-40 is what I use.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
i use chain wax so i get a brown coating from the over spray, well to get it off the swingarm and sprocket i use brake clean,it's like 2 bucks a can and the sprayong action needs no elbow grease,then spray it down with wd-40 :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Get all of it off that you can and then use Eagle One Mag Cleaner(basicly an aluminum acid) and let it foam up on it and it will bleach it out. It will be bleached out but at least it wont be stained.

·
Registered
767 Posts
Brake Clean here as well, mechanics best friend. :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
Diddly said:
nothin better than cancer in a can :thumbsup:

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
loose nutz said:
Diddly said:
haha...I am going to have big tumors all over my hands and rists :eek:

·
Registered
584 Posts
It has been said many times, Simple Green. Works on anything and is non toxic. Try it once and youll probably use it forever.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
It has been said many times, Simple Green. Works on anything and is non toxic. Try it once and youll probably use it forever.
It works on the swingarm to get the grease and oil off from the chain?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Simply green full strength works great, soak it (on heavily oiled or greasey parts), let it set a few minutes and hose it off. Dilute it for other parts of the quad or do not let it sit full strength. Best stuff ever. I also use S100 after washing on the rims, plastic, seat for a great shine and to assist in clean up later from dust and mud.

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
135boom said:
loose nutz said:
Diddly said:
haha...I am going to have big tumors all over my hands and rists :eek:
yeah but htats not from the brakeclean :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:they're probably hairy to :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
584 Posts
blewbayou said:
Simply green full strength works great, soak it (on heavily oiled or greasey parts), let it set a few minutes and hose it off. Dilute it for other parts of the quad or do not let it sit full strength. Best stuff ever. I also use S100 after washing on the rims, plastic, seat for a great shine and to assist in clean up later from dust and mud.
Doesnt your seat get slick? I made the mistake of putting alittle armor all on my seat one time and I damn near slid off.

·
Registered
188 Posts
I use tiki torch oil with a brush on my chain and swing arm.If you get the citrus scented it don't smell half bad and its only like 5 bucks for 1/2 gal @ home depot. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Blownhotrodder said:
blewbayou said:
Doesnt your seat get slick? I made the mistake of putting alittle armor all on my seat one time and I damn near slid off.
Surprisingly not with the S100 detail and wax, armour all does for sure.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.