Raptor Forum banner

How to decide..?

2K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  WSX123 
#1 ·
I am looking for opinions. I am looking at buying an 07' 350 Raptor. My question is am I too big for it? I am 6'2 230#. I have not ridden for awhile and am getting back into this to spend time with my son. Will I get good performance out of the 350? The 350 fits perfectly into my price range. Some of my buddies are pushing me to get a Big Bear or Grizzly. Any advice you could give me would be appreciated.
How do they do on hill climbs?
I am planning to buy sometime this week. Got any advise for making a deal with the dealership?
Thanks all!

#5 ·
Rap-it-up said:
go with the Raptor 700
i agree, my sister has a 350 and it is a good quad, it just doesnt have the power you will probably want

#6 ·
Rap-it-up said:
go with the Raptor 700
But if 4-5k is his price range then 6500-7000 for a new one is going to be a pretty big jump. A used 06 might be in that price range though.

IMO you're best choice is a one-year-old suzuki/kawasaki/arctic cat 400. There are some newer 400ex's out there for that price range as well, but not as good of a choice as the LTZ family IMO.

It's not that the raptor 350 is bad per say, it's just that the 400cc class competition is basically better in every way. If you're sure you want to buy new see what kind of a deal you can work down to, the 350's shouldn't be selling at MSRP.

#11 ·
I agree with most the posts the Raptor 350 is good solid quad. It makes a good trail machine but most grow tired of the power over time.

Two years ago when I was looking to get back into riding I was actually on my way to buy a raptor 350 and on my way to the dealer I ran across a used warrior 350. I ended up buying it instead to see how much I rode. I liked the warrior but it didnt take long of riding to want more than the warrior could offer me. I went and bought a raptor 700 and enjoy riding even more now.

Some will say a 400ex but I kinda have the same feeling with these. Even though they are a step up I think you run into the same issues.

Z400/KFX 400 are a good 400 class quad and can be had used at a good price.

Predator 500 is another option and can be had pretty cheap. :thumbsup:

#15 ·
Flynbyu said:
A guy down the street from me had a Predator and it started loosing paint on the frame, rusting, and was always needing some kind of work done to it.

Some are better than others, he just had a tough time with his.

~Brian
Stay away from the 03's, trans issues. 05 and up are the better models, fixed a lot of the quirks and added reverse.

#18 ·
Definately a good price but that would still only leave 2500 for the other bike, and you can't even buy a new 250 four stroke for that price (near msrp anyway).

If the other bike is bought used then this is feasible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.