Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how to do a wheely? i tryied for hours to do it but it only lasts 5 secs :/
can u give me some tips

·
Registered
556 Posts
I always bring it up in 3rd for the easiest wheelies. There are a few forum members I've ridden with a few members from here and was trying to show them the distance you can get and the speed. I get going in 3rd at a slow but decent pace and then compress the suspension and bam WOT and up she comes. Once you get to your comfortable spot...feather the throttle and ride it out. I don't use the clutch...only throttle when doing it. My bike is bone stock....down to the tires.

Mike

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I was like you for a long time, my wheelies lasted a mere 2-3 sec. at best :rofl: Anyways one day I was flooring it through the gears and wheelieing a little in each gear and realized I could hold a decent wheelie for about 6-7sec. in third gear. The faster you are going, the less further back you have to ride it. In other words the balance point is not so far back. Also in 2nd and 3rd gear the throttle is much easier to manage than first because it is so jumpy and responsive.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yea mike just wait till ya see chris, he has gotten a hell of alot better at the 3rd gear wheelies, i had my gf on the back last outting so i wasnt able to practice like he was, but damn has he gotten alot better.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Balance - throtle control - practice! And don't be afraid to use the rear brake before the point of no return.

·
Registered
207 Posts
yea she sat her big ass on the back and held on for dear life. it wasnt that bad actually i thought it might suck but i was still able to stay mid 3rd gear with her on the back and feel comfortable about it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
practice. practice. practice. just remember the higher the gear the faster you have to go. :metal:

·
Registered
57 Posts
At the the dunes i find it easier to start out in second and wheelie up a hill, not a steep hill but a gradual incline, it sounds wierd but it is pretty easy.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
I'm going to get a bit off track here but I'm having the opposite problem. I'm Ice Dragging and am having a hard time keeping the front end down. This is my first season dragging and I'm looking for advice. I'm starting in second gear and if i dump the clutch, I wheelie up too far but If I feather the clutch, I feel like I'm whimping out. Suggestions? I'm already sitting on the tank for front end weight.
I'm getting complete hook up on the ice so traction isn't an issue (or is the whole issue).

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.