Raptor Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone I’m new to the forum. I have a 2006 raptor 700r and when I push down on the foot pedal it goes down to the floor so I tried bleeding the brakes and that didn’t do anything. So I bought a new master cylinder and put that on last night and re bleed the brakes and it still goes to the floor. If anyone has any advice on what to try next it’s appreciated

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
You need a Mighty Vac brake bleeder to pull/vacuum fluid through the line.
Brake lines are near impossible to fill without one.
Once the line is full, you can bleed normally at the caliper.

If you don't have a Mighty Vac, you can do it cheap.
If there is a farm supply store near by you can get a plastic horse syringe for a couple bucks(no needle).
Fit a clear hose where the needle would go, and the other end on the bleeder.
Open the bleeder and push the fluid up the line. Some fluid will come out around the bleeder too, so hold a rag on it.
I have done this many times, and have had it work better than the Vac a few times.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,445 Posts
Most major auto stores have a tool loner program including a Mighty Vac. A refundable deposit is usually required.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You need a Mighty Vac brake bleeder to pull/vacuum fluid through the line.
Brake lines are near impossible to fill without one.
Once the line is full, you can bleed normally at the caliper.

If you don't have a Mighty Vac, you can do it cheap.
If there is a farm supply store near by you can get a plastic horse syringe for a couple bucks(no needle).
Fit a clear hose where the needle would go, and the other end on the bleeder.
Open the bleeder and push the fluid up the line. Some fluid will come out around the bleeder too, so hold a rag on it.
I have done this many times, and have had it work better than the Vac a few times.
[/QUOTE
I’m going to try using a syringe thanks for the responses

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
The line will be full, as you push fluid with a syringe, or pull it with a vacuum.
You either push it from the caliper until fluid comes out in the master cylinder, Or draw fluid down the line from the MC with the vacuum, until fluid is coming out at the caliper bleeder.
Then bleed as normal to get any air in the line out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What do you mean by push it from the caliper until it comes out at the master cylinder, sorry I’m dumb

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Pushing fluid is done by filling a syringe with a clear hose on the end, and putting the hose on the bleeder(with the bleeder loose), then depressing the syringe and pushing the fluid into the bleeder, and up the line into the mc.
Vacuum is connected the same, only pulls fluid down the line from the mc, and if you do it that way, do not let the mc empty of fluid, keep adding it as it goes down(as it fills the line) so you don't start sucking air.

·
Super Moderator
8,222 Posts
Welcome to the forum, I can definitely send one over if need be. It also shows in the manual how to adjust them as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts