Raptor Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm gettin ready to put a new clutch in my rappy and remember having a few cover bolts that were possibly stripped.... How do you the most of you deal with this????? Tap it bigger???? Helio coil??? If you can helio coil where do you find them??? Thanks.. I'm a new member to this site, I see alot more action here than Raptortranny.com

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
I'm a mod over at raptortranny, great site but not a whole lot of postings.

Heli coil is probably your best bet, most fastner and machine shops will have what you need.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maddog56 said:
I'm a mod over at raptortranny, great site but not a whole lot of postings.

Heli coil is probably your best bet, most fastner and machine shops will have what you need.
Yeah when I bought my rappy I became a member of raptortranny.. I got a lot of good info from the site but it has slowed down alot... What size are the holes for the heli coil for the bolts that hold the side cover onto the engine block??? Also where would i find the info on the clutch install??? Thanks Maddog56..

·
Super Moderator
17,063 Posts
Can't remember off hand the specs of those bolts, but it can be found in the service manual as can the instructions for a clutch replacement.

If you don't have a service manual you can find one online at sandwizards.com in the tips and tricks section.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Fastenal carries "recoil" thread inserts. They will have what you need on the shelf. The kit doesn't include the drill but they sell those also. You may shop around as fastenal is a little pricey
I think the side cover bolts are m6x1.0, but verify this before you buy any kit. You might also ferify the depth of the holes, not that you end up with inserts that are to long, or some that could be longer.

http://www.fastenal.com/web/home.ex

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.