Raptor Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a 2020 raptor 700 se and the rear brake makes a screeching sound and restricts the wheels from turning over... makes the quad hard to push. I’ve tried loosening the parking brake all the way but no luck. Seems to me the brake pads aren’t loosening enough to let the caliper/ rear wheels roll freely

·
Registered
59 Posts
When you push in the piston you have to turn it at the same time to get it to compress. Sounds like you have a sticky caliper or a warped rotor. Can also be carrier bearings going bad causing the axle/rotor to shift.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Something is up with my 2020 se too...if you push it, it feels like the rear brake is on, something is definately holding it back.
I just finished fixing a friend's 660 too(and have owned those), and they roll Alot smoother, yet they weigh about the same.
I'm not concerned about it, I just havn't had time to check/adjust the rear brakes or axle torque.
I still havn't ridden it, other than out of the dealership into my truck, (waiting on parts) which is why I'm pushing it around the garage so much, lol.

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
Be sure the master cylinder isn't overfilled.

It may sound strange, but your brake disk may be to flat. Disk brake pads are always in contact with the rotor. When activated, the pads clamp the rotor. When released, the pads retract the piston back into the caliper as a slightly warped rotor turns. Less warpage means less retraction.
Hope that makes sense.

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Right now, I could park mine with the front wheels on flat ground, and the rear wheels on a ramp 2' off the ground...and it wouldn't roll away in neutral.
But, as said, I've yet to check anything and it's got to be something simple.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
I found my problem, the rear MC was completely Full, lol.
I now have the fluid right between the high/low lines in MC, and alot of the drag is gone.
20200919_224453.jpg

·
Registered
59 Posts
Always glad when people post their fix! The reason I read a lot of threads is to give me a mental check list of things to look for if I have the same problem. Never know when you are going to have a problem out in the middle of nowhere and a trick like dumping a little fluid could be the difference between riding or walking home:)

·
I may be getting older, but I refuse to grow up!
11,441 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts