Raptor Forum banner

21 - 40 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Mad Fox said:
My raptor is a 05 and yesterday I removed the PB Sensor, first I disconnected the white plug and there was no results. So I cut the sensor and tied both wires together and BINGO the problem is fixed. Now I can start in any gear as long as I am holding the clutch to avoid damage.
Im not sure about 2005 with pb sensor and etc. but you didnt do anything to the pb sensor, you bypassed the clutch/neutral sensor that keeps it from starting in gear or without clutch disengaged. I know on every year from 2001-2004 for sure that you do not connect the two wires together, you just unplug the connector to disengage the switch.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
put it on the list to do when i put the raptor back together :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The PB sensor is a sensor on the parking brake at the handle bars that tells the CDI box when the pb is on and when it is off, the sensor is very sensitive to movement and will sometimes screw up at the most inconveinent times. When the CDI thinks the parking brake is engaged, it kills the ignition around 2000 rpms keeping the atv from moving, the point in removing it is so you have no problems when your out hillclimbing or jumping where throttle and timing are most important and the sensor is most likely to fail and one slip up could cause disaster.

·
Registered
66 Posts
i was out this weekend on my qaud through the trails and some hills my raptor has no power in reverse and i mean NO power, it will work fine on asphalt but not in mud it jst revs the fuck out of the bike is this the pb sensor by any chance ? im just gonna pull it off anyway and see what it does

·
Registered
31 Posts
i jst removed mine on my 02 and i worked jst fine. im so gald i found this site. tht damn thing has been given me trouble for awile now. next is the reverse rev limiter.

·
Registered
546 Posts
How do you remove the Reverse Rev Limiter ??? do tell , that sounds pretty good to me

·
Registered
546 Posts
when the pb sensor is still in . . . if you have your parking brake cable even pulled out a little, wich it can slip out by itself, then the parking brake sensor puts a rev limite on you wheeler, causing it to spit and spuder. . . preventing you from driving off with your parking break on. but the problem is it can do this when on a ride , or when your racing around, and its no fun if it acts up and you dont know what it is(happend to me :mad:) so the easiest thing to do is just remove the sensor, its simple, and takes no time at all.

·
Registered
546 Posts
not a problem :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
good imfo :thumbsup: i pull out my neutral sender put a scotch lock on the wire just be low the sender. zip tie wire,sender under rad cap. T .04 660

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
I had broken the switch on the parking brake itself in a rollover, so it was switching on and off randomly. Somebody told me you had to close the circuit but no, just pull out the plug like they say and you are ready to go! :thumbsup: I put some silicone sealant in the plug just to be sure. (I ride in mud alot.) Again, excellent sticky. Thanks Limited660 and other raptorforum members. KARMA coming at ya. And I even used the "search button" limited. :lol:

·
Registered
587 Posts
I pulled it out, still having a problem on my 2001, but my 2002 works great now!

-kyle

·
Registered
58 Posts
So am i correct that you want to create a permanent OPEN circuit on the PB sensor, and a CLOSED circuit on the clutch saftey?

21 - 40 of 123 Posts