81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
There isn't one one the 700

·
Registered
236 Posts
Ive been working on my 01' 600r and found that wire laying down in behind the radiator...Well I thought it needed to be pluged in...and now it wont rev right...Im gonna try unplugging it.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
What's a PB sensor do?
If the park brake is on, it trips a switch, which tells the CDI that the PB is on, the CDI then engages a rev limiter to keep the RPM below 2500 rpm, so you do not have any power to burn the rear brakes up.............

·
Registered
31 Posts
great thread...just did this and removed my park brake with it and it works fine. like you said just a lil common sense

·
Registered
22 Posts
still issues !

im fairly new to a quad let alone my 01 660, i bought it and the pb wire thats spoken about is removed and the switch and connector are packed with grease. I havent had a problem till now, i rode it sunday, it sat till wensday i sprayed it off and now im having the rev issue.....any ideas ?? :(

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
im fairly new to a quad let alone my 01 660, i bought it and the pb wire that's spoken about is removed and the switch and connector are packed with grease. I havent had a problem till now, i rode it sunday, it sat till wednesday i sprayed it off and now im having the rev issue.....any ideas ?? :(
Bad connection at the reverse switch, under the drive sprocket, clean the reverse switch wire connectors, and squeeze it a bit so it fit tight to the terminal. Green and white wire is the one you want to pay attention to............

·
Registered
22 Posts
thanks for that info ill check that out now, the problem has straightened out though...the cdi box was arching to the bracket, and i must of jolted around a wire last weekend..just shook the box and wires around and its ok now lol much appreciated though

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
thanks for that info ill check that out now, the problem has straightened out though...the cdi box was arching to the bracket, and i must of jolted around a wire last weekend..just shook the box and wires around and its ok now lol much appreciated though
You need to find the problem and fix it right...shaking the box around doesnt fix the problem.

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Probably a bad connection........................

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
quick question is it possible to bypass the reverse rev limiter? if so how... thanx
Ground the green and white wire at the reverse switch near the drive sprocket.............

·
Registered
172 Posts
So am i correct that you want to create a permanent OPEN circuit on the PB sensor, and a CLOSED circuit on the clutch saftey?
I read through the whole thread and I think I know the answer. But just to be 100% clear. The above statement is true?

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
I read through the whole thread and I think I know the answer. But just to be 100% clear. The above statement is true?
Just unplug the PB sensor & seal up the conectors so gunk dosent get in them. Leave the clutch alone unless your changing your perch.. Ground the reverse sensor to elliminate that..

·
Registered
172 Posts
Just unplug the PB sensor & seal up the conectors so gunk dosent get in them. Leave the clutch alone unless your changing your perch.. Ground the reverse sensor to elliminate that..
I am removing the clutch perch thats why I was looking for further clarification. I understand the PB unplug thing. Just wanted to verify the clutch sensor.

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
So is that how things work around here? Members with low post count are assumed not to know anything?
No, thats not how things work round hear. We try to help ALL RF members. You obviously didn't like my answer, so give it a go grandma..:)

81 - 100 of 124 Posts