Raptor Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I rode at Coos Bay, Ore. a month ago and am still trying to wash ocean salt off my quad; I think I've washed it a total of three times now - all by hand.
Is there some sort of trick to getting the metal clean or do I just have to keep washing it?

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
Just spent last weekend at the Florence Dunes, and all i ever do is hose all the sand off first, then clean the chain, then with a bucket of warm water and car soap, I wash the entire bike and dry it off. I've never had a problem with residue staying on any of the metal. I usually put Pledge or some Tirewet on the plastic and its good to go.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah - that's what I've done after riding in Florence (though I use Armor All instead of Pledge). But for some reason the Coos Bay super salt won't wash off.
What makes it even more confusing is that the six hour drive home was in terrential rain (we were riding the weekend of the big floods). That alone should have washed all the salt off.
Any other ideas?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
try simple green full strenght, or purple power degreaser. i wash my truck with this stuff in the winter and salt doesnt stick. also when you do get it washed off try applying a wax of somesort to keep it from sticking agian..

·
Registered
287 Posts
I used some stuff salled saltX I bought from my local dealer on my last trip tp pismo. seemed to work alright. for pre trip I spray silicon spray on almost all the meatal parts when I head for salty areas. This is what we do on our jet skiis and they're still looking good. wd40 works good on your truck axles but be carful around rubber or plastic. definatly don't forget about the truck. good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts