Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im going to instal GYTR filter and adapter plate, but I need to know how to get the stock adapter plate off first. Ive seen lots of post on here about aftermarket intakes, just couldnt find a step by step on how to do it. it looks simple enough...spring clamp and four hex bolts....but how do I get to them. Do I need to take any plastic off, or do I need to take out the entire air box? Also, once the stoc adapter plate is remove, can it be reinstalled?

thx for the help.

Mike

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
You have to remove the stock air box and drill out the rivets (think it was rivets its been a year) that hold the stock one in. It (stock one) could probally be reinstalled with some bolts because you have to drill the holes out some :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I took the air box out when I installed mine. Very simple to remove. I have the Velocity intake. If I remember right I had to use some of the parts from the stoke intake.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Yeah lift seat off , undo the crown clamp on the intake hose then undo the bolts holding the box in it looks that simply to me . Mines coming ill let you know

1 - 5 of 5 Posts