Raptor Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a prety bad crash, no broken bones just a huge burn scare down the whole intire inside of my arm. and in the prosess of crashing my light fell off and i bent the bracket. so i was looking to take the whole light off but there was this thing that what looked to be cooling fins in the right side and it looked like it conected to the fan. so i was wondering how do i take the whole assemble off and what is that thing i discribed. some pics would help thanks

~travis~

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
That thing is a rectifier. The headlight comes off pretty easily with just a few bolts and the bulb plug.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok but there is a metel tube that sticks out and when i take the light off it sticks out like a sore thumb and its connected to the thing you said.

·
Registered
305 Posts
The light has a plastic tab with a rubber grommit in it that just slips over that little stub sticking out. You have to just pull in the same direction the little stub is facing to get the light off. And when you put a light back on you have to make sure the rubber grommit is placed back on the light first then just pop the light back into place over that stub. It just clicks/slips on over that stub. If you try and put the light on with out the rubber grommit installed it will be too losse and wont hold in place. If you try and leave the rubber grommit around the stub then put the light on you will never get that littler rubber grommit lined up in the plastic on the light and will probley break the tab off the light, which probley already happend when you crashed. So just make sure the stub has no rubber grommit around it. Make sure the like tab in that place does have a rubber grommit and push it over the stub. Your set. Hope this makes sense.

G

·
rappy123 said:
ok but there is a metel tube that sticks out and when i take the light off it sticks out like a sore thumb and its connected to the thing you said.
I think what alot of people do when they want to remove the headlight is cut that arm off so it don't stick out and you will still be able to leave your rectifier and coil attached to the original brackets. Correct me if I am wrong. It would be great if some people would post a picture of how they mounted their coil and rectifier when they removed the headlights, or if someone has a better idea please post.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya that would help alot. just 1 picture is worth a 1000 words. and i am looking to take the whole thing off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.