Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I recently found an archive from 2008 of the RaptorTranny.com website along with pictures. I have successfully saved all of this information and would like to offer it here for those that have been looking for it. It is such a wealth of information.

I do not believe I am breaking any copyright issues by offering jpg images here. Please let me know if I am incorrect.

The pic quality is pretty good, text is readable but not the greatest, sorry. Pictures are in correct order - start with RT-1 at the top left, work right then down to RT-6, the end. Save the pics and look at them in Windows Picture Viewer to zoom, or if in a newer version of MS IE, you can zoom using the drop down at the bottom right of your window, click on the arrow next to 100%.

Good Luck!

Attachments

·
A-10 Crew Chief
1,143 Posts
+3 on the sticky! In the couple of months I have owned my quad and been on this site I can not count how many times people have asked for this info. Good find! :clap:

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good find good post good job I second the sticky. Any idea why raptortranny.com was shut down?

No idea... as far as I know, one day it was just gone.

·
RF Moderating Team Member / Wheelie Master
4,326 Posts
sticky done :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
:thumbsup:......nice post and well deserving of a sticky.

·
Registered
335 Posts
couple things to add

I had to drop my shifter to get the cover off.

The LA 52 tooth gear does not require the stock bearing. I guess Yamaha has done away with it as well because it was causing damage to the shaft.. The LA is fitted, with journals running through it for lubrication, no bearing with the gear...........

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The L&A has an oillite bushing as you describe - 01's had a roller bearing, 02+ if I recall has the oillite bushing also.

·
Master of the Electron
14,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you use a newer version of Internet Explorer, you can use the zoom controls, down at the bottom right of the page.

·
Registered
133 Posts
How many o-rings are there suppose to be? it looks like 3, but when i took my case off there are only 2. The dowl without the oring is the top left one. Also, the hole where the dowl goes into looks diff than the other 2 with orings, so does this 3rd dowl not require an oring?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
The L&A has an oillite bushing as you describe - 01's had a roller bearing, 02+ if I recall has the oillite bushing also.
My 04 52 tooth gear had the bushing with the factory oneway and the new 52 tooth gear I ordered from Yamaha has the bushing also.

·
Registered
133 Posts
also is there some tip to getting the new 52 tooth gear hub into the new one-way, mine just doesnt not fit?

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Plenty of oil, square it up and slowly turn left/right while wiggling it and it will spin on easily when all the bearings line up around the race.

·
Registered
335 Posts
also is there some tip to getting the new 52 tooth gear hub into the new one-way, mine just doesnt not fit?
you'll have to put on the 52 tooth gear then put on the woodruff key and oneway and turn counterclockwise and it will pop right in. I did it in my hands also just to see.. I sure you cant put on together tho cause the woodruff key

I just did this and it seems so hard to remember:confused:

·
Premium Member
414 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
52 tooth gear

LA does not make a 52 tooth gear the buy them from yamaha. The 01 gears
had the bearings everything after that had the bushing.

·
Registered
335 Posts
LA does not make a 52 tooth gear the buy them from yamaha. The 01 gears
had the bearings everything after that had the bushing.
01 has the bushing now as well

1 - 20 of 60 Posts