Raptor Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i realized that my dash was real loose. not knowing much about the 660R i got to looking and noticed that there are two mteal pieces that mimic the oned on the uder side of the dash. is there supposed to be some kind of clip there to hold it securly? though about jerry rigging it with some zipties but i wasnt sure if i was just havbing a brain fart :3question: and maybe not looking far enough into it. anyone have any info let me know.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How to secure Dash

well i realized that my dash was real loose. not knowing much about the 660R i got to looking and noticed that there are two mteal pieces that mimic the oned on the uder side of the dash. is there supposed to be some kind of clip there to hold it securly? though about jerry rigging it with some zipties but i wasnt sure if i was just havbing a brain fart :3question: and maybe not looking far enough into it. anyone have any info let me know.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Re: How to secure Dash

There are 2 oblong rubber grommets. Can not see why a couple of O rings wouldnt work the same though, or 2 cable ties for that matter.

·
Registered
158 Posts

·
Super Moderator
17,058 Posts
If you're talking about oem then the metal brackets should be bolted securely to the steering stem clamp. Make sure you have both rubber fittings and that the tabs on the metal brackets and plastic dash are intact and well-seated into the rubber mounts. They're pretty secure in this way, and in worst case scenario the wire for the key and lights should keep the dash from flying away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts