Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all, im leaving for bootcamp in 10 days and was wondering if there is anything i should do to to my quad to store it while im gone. any help or tips will do, thanks. OORAH

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
Run until hot, dump the oil and change for new oil and filter, turn off the fuel and drain the tank, drain the carbs of fuel, plug the exhaust pipe and air filter and if you can, put it up on blocks, lubricate the chain and all pivot points oin the suspension.............
Thats in a nutshell............

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks willy, you rock

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
ill store the hand guards for you...

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hahah you wish!

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
:lol: just trying to help

·
Premium Member
4,191 Posts
I thought it was a pretty good suggestion. I fellow rider trying to help another rider store some of his stuff that might get in the way...hmm...guess not, lol. I tried sanders...

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
^:lol: thanks bubba

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
when you go ride the last time, put some fuel stabil in the gas.

·
Premium Member
956 Posts
I know when I put my snowmobile away for the summer or the boat away for the winter it takes me a few hours to get them ready for storage. I put Sta-Bil in the gas and top off the tanks, then I get them warmed up and then change the oil. then start it up again and let it get warmed up again and then shut the gas off and spray fogging oil into the carbs till it runs out of gas. It smokes like a SOB but I have never had to rebuild an engine or carbs. I learned how to do this when I worked at a marina. I did not mention anything about the cooling syst since you dont have to worry about it. Just make sure you have antifreeze in it so it wont freeze.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts