Raptor Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a little problem with my reverse sensor under the front sprocket. Sometimes when I ride I don't know why but my reverse light get's on and I hit the reverse rev limiter if I get too high in the rpm's. Sometimes I just unplug the sensor and plug it and it doesn't happen during some time. So I'm never sure if it will do it or not. The point is I drag race the 19th of mars and Mx race the 20th. I don't want this to happen while riding, so maybe there's a way of cutting the reverse rev limiter until I repair the sensor and get a Dynatek Ignition. Thanks in advance!

·
Crash Test Pilot
315 Posts
You can indeed bypass the reverse rev limiter. The green/white wire with the black plastic clip on it that you descovered is the key. Your connection is bad and needs to be cleaned and/or tightened up.

You can either A: clean inside that plastic clip and remove any dirt dust or grime from the post it goes onto. Then maybe try to bend the clip in a way as to make the fit more snug when you plug it back in.

B: Cut off the plug put on a small crimp-on ring and ground it to the case somewhere. If you do this the reverse rev limiter will be disconnected and the reverse light wont work.

If I missed anything I'm sure someone will be happy to correct me. Hope it helps.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you buddy!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts