Raptor Forum banner

how you "jack" ur raptor

5K views 15 replies 12 participants last post by  Sand84 
#1 ·
iam in the market for a jack , and i was wondering if it would be possible to get one i can use for both my truck and the quad, do any of you use an SUV or auto jack? and if so what location do you use the jack on your quad? im thinking i could use a piece of wood or something between the jack and bike to prevent any damage, how do you guys do this? do you just leave it on the jack or do you use jack stands or what, this may sound stupid but i wanna do some mods and iam a little new to the mechanical "thing" so any help in lifting the atv would be appreciated, i just wanna make sure it is "secure" while it is lifted so i can work on it w/o it falling off LOL

#5 ·
i the dude form western power sports broguht a bad ass jack atv jack in the shop today

it goes under the fram and lifts it like 3 ft off the ground, and it has a hole for the oil drain plug

i cant freakin remmeber the name of it tho :(

#6 ·
If I am sore from riding I use a floor jack, otherwise I just muscle it. Jack stands depend on what I am doing to it. And Home Depot buckets are really weak, go with real drywall mud buckets or real 5 gal paint buckets. I put the jack under the rotor/sprocket/swing arm guard and I use a block of wood to lift front on frame between the legs I, I, I, mean the a-arms! :grin_nod:

#11 ·
HD tie straps and a cheep electric wench form harbor freight!

Noting in the way underneath and you can bring it up to chest height in most garages.
:thumbsup:

#12 ·
I just saw that Schucks has one on sale for $39!!! It looked pretty fair to me.

#15 ·
Hairballusmaximus said:
Harbor Freight Tools has a jack like that on sale for about 59 bucks, dunno how good it is though. You know you usually get what you pay for :thumbsup:
they are good that is what i have

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.