Raptor Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 189 Posts

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a buddy who is having problems thinking I'm only at 75hp with my 778 while his stock bore stock stroke bike makes 68hp on pump gas and I'm 13.25:1 after stroke. I tried explaining that my bike and his was tuned on two totally different tuners on two different dyno's. My mods are:
105.5 bore 12.5:1 CP piston, +2 extreme port work, hdd5050 cam, 54mm TB,dynatek ignition and DMC pipes.

His is a 11.5:1 piston,track II port, +3 TB, K and N filter kit and barkers pipes.

I think I covered all his mods. For some reason people think I should have 90+hp. I really wish I did but it's only a little 75hp trail build. I did have it tuned by Eric at EHS now I know he's got a stingy dyno and on others I'd have higher numbers(maybe) I'm very happy with my builds output and in my tune. If needed I'd go back to EHS I feel he did a great job bike hasn't ran this good since stock.
Maybe you guys can find a better way to explain it cause I can't I've tried.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dyno doesn't me squat. Race him and show him whats up!
Wish we lived closer but no we don't I'm trying to get a ride planned near him within a month or sooner the cold is coming.

·
If you don't wreck, you don't ride
4,450 Posts
Who is the friend? And dynos are way different, depends on many many things such as humidity/elevation/etc etc....But I know you know all this Dan. And a lot of it just comes down to the luck of the draw. Some bikes just preform better than others, sometimes there is no logistical explanation.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's one my buddy's in Florida. His bike was tuned by Barker I'm told. He's thinks I'm sandbagging but I'm not. Anybody can call Eric he'll tell them. I wish he'd get online well the forum any forum. He thinks forums Facebook and all are for drama queens. He needs to come on on here. When I race him I'll have my gopro going maybe after posting the race he'll join.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Barkers he says.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Tim doesn't have a dyno. He might have a shop he normally takes things to, but they don't have their own that I am aware of.

Your friend is right, the internet is rife with drama, most of it without purpose or reason.

But if your friend isn't anywhere near you and you haven't even raced him yet and don't have immediate plans to do so then it doesn't matter that the heck he thinks. And he should know that his claim of you sandbagging is the same type of drama for no reason that he's trying to avoid on the internet.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Come December I'll be in Florida. We gonna run em 300'-1/2 mile I'll report back. Then if his bike is what he claims his 155lb ass vs my 250 should be fun. He can't run with me on the big end though I know or I'm hoping.

·
YOU WISH
6,114 Posts
Tim doesn't have a dyno. He might have a shop he normally takes things to, but they don't have their own that I am aware of.

Your friend is right, the internet is rife with drama, most of it without purpose or reason.

But if your friend isn't anywhere near you and you haven't even raced him yet and don't have immediate plans to do so then it doesn't matter that the heck he thinks. And he should know that his claim of you sandbagging is the same type of drama for no reason that he's trying to avoid on the internet.
Wow thanks for posting what I was thinking so now all I have to do it thank you.

Spider. 100lbs wont matter even if you are at 75 and hes at 68. Your power to weight will be close but your traction and magical ability to keep the front down will save you.

This is how I would explain it to your friend. "DIFFERENT DYNO/CONDITIONS. "

·
Registered
240 Posts
Race him Spider.... A 686cc translates into approx. a 340inch V8 and a 778 will translate into a 380inch V8... knowing that if head and cam combo are similar the horsepower difference may not be that far apart but the power curve will show... You have a good head and different cam you will have a meaner build than him on pump not to mention that all dynos read different... your build is way stronger than your friend can imagine.. best of luck

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wow thanks for posting what I was thinking so now all I have to do it thank you.

Spider. 100lbs wont matter even if you are at 75 and hes at 68. Your power to weight will be close but your traction and magical ability to keep the front down will save you.

This is how I would explain it to your friend. "DIFFERENT DYNO/CONDITIONS. "
I learned how to keep the front planted as a 15-17. My uncle put me on his old CR500. Talk about wheelie monster, wow I miss that old thing. I don't think there will be another beast like that made. I think yamaha made one also not sure but those big 2smokes was crazy bro. You had to damn near jump out a tree to kick start it. If you get a chance to ride one Blue don't pass it up. It'll be an experience you won't forget.

·
From The Stix 2 Da Brix
11,616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Race him Spider.... A 686cc translates into approx. a 340inch V8 and a 778 will translate into a 380inch V8... knowing that if head and cam combo are similar the horsepower difference may not be that far apart but the power curve will show... You have a good head and different cam you will have a meaner build than him on pump not to mention that all dynos read different... your build is way stronger than your friend can imagine.. best of luck
I got a nice curve I've seen a few better ones but not many. It's nice and broad power starts coming on at about 4200 pulls great up to peak at 7500 and barely drops off to redline at redline I got 62hp. Tq curve is just as broad and flat power comes on early and stays thru the redline.

·
Registered
378 Posts
I want to be part of this race..... Hope you all can do over 104MPH in the quarter...

·
Registered
378 Posts
103.6 via Radar Gun to be exact.. On asphalt of course. Bike strapped launching on 2nd using 15/36. Bike top off at 109MPH.

1 - 20 of 189 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.