Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanna see what u guys figure this thing should put out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The builder figured about 75hp. Now A Dynatek Ign and a larger injector Would these items bump it up .Oh and 100% C12

·
Premium Member
775 Posts
Is it just me or does that cam seem really small for that build?
That build would deserve atleast a Hotcam stage III, but I would go with 50/50, Web, or custom grind for that build. Hotcam stage 2 is basically for guys with big 3, but no piston mod, or head work. The ignition would bring a HP or 2, but won't be too noticeable while riding.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ok Easy fix new cam it is . So which cam would give me the most , and still be usable for trail/Dunes.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Is it just me or does that cam seem really small for that build?
Conventional wisdom on these forums would say so. Then again this and other forums seem to think that as soon as you do any kind of porting on a head the build needs a 5050 or a web4.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So with right cam and 565 injector hp closer to 80???

·
Clean 700 Raptor
275 Posts
At 79 hp at sea level with my mods

At 79 hp at sea level with my mods

·
Registered
6,002 Posts
Conventional wisdom on these forums would say so. Then again this and other forums seem to think that as soon as you do any kind of porting on a head the build needs a 5050 or a web4.
Very true. I go by what I have read here on the forums and in all honesty do not know much compared to alot of other members on here. Just you don't see many HC2's in a build that has +2 valves in it.

·
Super Moderator
17,062 Posts
Not singling anyone out in particular, the sentiment is too widespread for that. I would agree that a stage 2 hc is on the small side for the build based upon the metric of what is common on internet forums and that he would see greater peak hp and torque with a more aggressive camshaft. Whether all situations call for camshafts of the caliber of the 5050/web4 which are so commonly recommended is another question.

·
Cola Crew
1,368 Posts
I like to see that I'm on par with my build at 78hp.. Some on here have said that we need a new builder because we are not pushing big #'s.. And that n/a builds make 90hp all the time, this maybe true but I have not seen it.. I like the 5050 and the web4 But I run the X4 and it works very good..
My Sig is out of date
Sparks BC X6
PCV
PRO Design Intake
Dynatek Ignition DL curve
+3mm TB
X 4 cam
Ported Head +2+2
5mil Crank
13.25 to 1 cp piston
105 BIG BORE

·