Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all! I’ve been cleaning out my garage – junk (and not junk) has been accumulating for maybe 20 years and I promised my wife that I’d get the garage back to the point where she could at least use it for her craft hobbies…

So I’ve rented a dumpster and I am going through the many, many boxes of semi-organized tools, hardware, electronics, ATV parts, auto parts, etc., etc. (can you say HOARDER?) I’m trying to be ruthless and throw away anything that I can’t justify keeping, passing along or trying to sell.

NOW, in a box that was buried under many others, from many years ago, I’ve come across two pairs of Raptor 660 carbs – one pair complete and the other pair nearly complete but disassembled. I don’t need them but I’m sure there are a couple of members out there that might desperately need a decent pair of carbs or at least the parts to help rebuild a complete pair.

SO, I’m going to give you guys/gals a week to respond and then I am going give these away to the two members that I deem need them the most – yes, FREE - because this forum has meant a lot to me over the years and it’s sometimes better to just pay it forward… I only ask that the recipients pay for the shipping costs, and I’ll do that as cheaply as I can.

I would really like to give these to ppl who NEED them, not just would kinda like to have an extra pair… so if they are not necessary to you, please don’t bother responding. And, BTW, if I ever find out that these just got quickly sold by whoever gets them... I will be less than happy!

Now the RULES: Those interested in receiving one of these carb pairs, please simply reply to this message describing why you feel you need them so badly and/or why I should give them to you. (this should make some fun reading for all!)

Please keep your responses short – with no more than one picture included per response.

My selection will be for the responding member that (I deem) most needs a set of carbs – and they will receive the complete pair. The next most deserving responder (in my opinion) will receive the disassembled pair.

Responses time stamped prior to or by 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, August 11 will be considered – after that ignored. One response per member and, again, please try to keep them relatively short.

Please NO personal messaging – I will ignore any related to this… I’m just trying to be fair.

If I recall, I bought these used back around 2007 and they’ve been sitting in a box since so I provide no guarantees as to the usability of either pair or as to the cleanliness of the bodies, jets, passages or any other components nor to the usability of seals or o-rings, etc., nor do I guarantee that all parts are included or working nor will I provide the jet numbers. Hey, for the just cost of shipping, it’s still a great deal; but I’m not going to take any liability for them!

To the final recipients: I will determine shipping costs once you give me your address – then will ship once you have provided the funds to me – preferably through Paypal, Venmo or Zelle.

Let’s have fun sharing our desperate need for a set of carbs! GO.

EDIT: Look at post 3, below - I have some CDIs to give now, too!

·
Super Moderator
8,979 Posts
That’s pretty awesome of you to do this QM. I have misc. crap built up on my shelves as well that I ought to go through, lol.

Guys that are not aware of this members contributions to the 660 side of things…VERY knowledgeable for these specific machines and have always thrown in his 2 cents. We are very grateful for everything you have helped out with.

Thanks again for both the contributions as far as the mind and now with the parts.

Whos in??

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Thanks, Morph.

OKAY, I have now found 2 CDIs that I'm gonna give away too! They are '02 and above, as far as I know. They are part number 5LP-20 which has been posted in the forum as '02. They will NOT work with an unmodified 2001 harness!!

Same rules and caveats as above (for the carbs) - make me know how much you really need 'em. And yes, you are welcome to make your case for both carb and CDI... but if you're just looking greedy it might hurt your case!

Reactions: Sixpack577

·
Registered
02 raptor 686 k&n lexx exhaust
357 Posts
Even though I literally just bought a carb last week this is awesome! Always appreciate the help you give!

·
Registered
42 Posts
DUDE!! How awesome of you man! I have been ROUTINELY reading everything that you, as well as a few other members, post. Talk about some 660 big brains!! Anyways..

I recently bought my 2nd 2002 660 for my wife and boy oh boy was this thing "Souped up" by the previous owner. I'm talking flipped front wheels, extended Chinese front shocks, rear wheel spacers.. The list goes on and on.. Most importantly though they bought "NEW" carbs from Amazon and the kicker is, you guessed it, they are made of CHINESIUM.. SMDH. I have been fighting with the woodruff key as it was sheared when I bought it and when I finally do get her to bark I'd love nothing more than to have actual OEM carbs to toss on and tune to perfection (fingers crossed)!

It would mean a lot to get something from someone with the knowledge you have as well as the help you have provided this community! Thanks for offering a chance at some decent carbs for the old girl!!

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, I'm surprised there aren't at least a few more responses for free carbs and CDIs... Anybody?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Wow, I'm surprised there aren't at least a few more responses for free carbs and CDIs... Anybody?
People must think their Chinese carb is well tuned. I'm also kind of surprised!

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
People must think their Chinese carb is well tuned. I'm also kind of surprised!
I agree! SO, if you're running eBay Chinese carbs and they just don't quite tune right - throw your response into the hat for a set of REAL carbs! You never know, you might just get em...

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nobody else??

Free carbs and CDIs here... get ur free CDIs and carbs right here!

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Say they are gone...a dozen people will suddenly show up wanting them.
If not, I'll buy them for my parts shelf, lol.

·
Registered
123 Posts
If no one wants them, I might just buy one too lol

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hey!! I told my tale! My wife needs a reliable machine to ride... or she gets MINE.. PLS HELP. LMFAO

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Looks like your getting first dibs, EastGilly - since you're the only one whose asked yet!

I'll make the final call after tomorrow after midnight... but I think it's safe to assume you'll get a set.

You're still going to have to disassemble, clean thoroughly and verify that proper jets are installed for your mods... you can use rubber parts from the Chinese carbs - they're usually okay.

Reactions: EastGillyRaptor

·
Registered
42 Posts
That is awesome! No problem here with disassembling. My wife will be stoked to know she's getting some quality carbs from a great dude! Thanks again for the opportunity!

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sorry for the delay - got very busy during the week...

OKAY - EastGilly - you get the complete pair. Just send me a PM me with an email address and I'll get in touch with you.

I'm really surprised that no one else has come forward with a need... I guess I'll just keep bumping this thread until someone does!

Free (02+) CDIs here... Free (unassembled) carbs here! Just respond and they can be yours!

EastGilly, I await your PM.

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I haven't fully figured this site out since they changed formats a couple of years ago, sorry... email will be sent shortly.

Anybody else? CDI? Carbs?

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

·
Master of the Electron
15,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
So, one set of carbs delivered safely... any other takers? Pretty soon I'm just gonna pack 'em all up and store them in case I have a future need.

Last call?

1 - 20 of 40 Posts