Raptor Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the Barker Inframe Dualls, stage 2 Hot Cam, Trinity proflo kit, JE 11.1 compression piston,and the PCIII all ready programed from Rocket Factory.
Rocket Factory recomended this kit so I bought it.LOL I hope my wife does not kill me. :help:
What do you guys think about this set up.Will it be a big improvement in power and will it be relliable.

Thanks Steve

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Well if your wife doesn't kill you... Your new raptor might!! :grin_nod: :grin_nod:

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Atleast it will now be fast enough that if you make it to it before you tell her she may never catch you. ::)

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
What numbers do Rocket Factory say you'll be getting? Are you going to get it dyno tuned. Your set up sounds sweet... can't wait until my wife says yes! :'(

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are funny. :grin_nod:
If you guys think that is funny with me buying those after market parts behind my wifes back,I got something even better to say.She thinks my Raptor 700 is my buddys and I am storing it at my house for him LOL.
I should get this stuff by next Friday.
My buddy has a KFX V-force 700 with some modds cams pistons and clutch work.
I raced him with my stock Raptor last week and he spanked me bad.
We will see what happens next week.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
onelunglow said:
What numbers do Rocket Factory say you'll be getting? Are you going to get it dyno tuned. Your set up sounds sweet... can't wait until my wife says yes! :'(
Rocket Factory says it should have 63 hp to the rear wheeles.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
too fast said:
If you guys think that is funny with me buying those after market parts behind my wifes back,I got something even better to say.She thinks my Raptor 700 is my buddys and I am storing it at my house for him LOL.
My buddy did that same thing. He sold it now and she has never found out!! :crazy:

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
too fast said:
onelunglow said:
Rocket Factory says it should have 63 hp to the rear wheeles.
This thing should be awesome!! Are getting any head porting done?

·
Premium Member
3,997 Posts
too fast said:

That is hillarious! Your going to love the mods. Its not even going to be close to the same bike.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This thing should be awesome!! Are getting any head porting done?
[/quote]

No not yet.But I will eventually get it done with in the next few months. I was just going to get the Barkers and the Trinity kit but I felt like a kid in a candy store and I just kept on buying more stuff.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey guys. Who do you recomed to do porting work on my Raptor 700 and would the YFZ 450 a-arms fit the Raptor 700 because I have Gibson plus 3 a-arms with Elka elite shocks for the front.

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
I see Techquad shop is running a special for port!!

·
Registered
262 Posts
wow 63 whp without porting I feel like I wasted money on porting...lol

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Raptorjunkyard said:
wow 63 whp without porting I feel like I wasted money on porting...lol
I just hope that 63 hp is a accurate hp number from Rocket Factory and just not inflated.

·
Registered
224 Posts
how hard is it to install pistons and cams and shit? sounds like that could be in my budget! :grin_nod:

·
Registered
265 Posts
I have about the same set up going in my quad this week. :thumbsup: You will need a port job to get the 62-63hp! I did start to take my quad apart tonight to do my piston and cam. I'm going to try to get some pic's of the job as I do it for everyone. I have to ship my head to sparky yfz on Monday for a port job, springs and cam install. All by the way Sparky yfz recommends springs with the HC stage 2 or you may/will float the valves. In my opinion you should at least get your head ported while it's off.

Your wife will get over it, mine always does! It easier to ask for forgiveness then to ask for permission from are wifes guys! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
robert.lisicki said:
how hard is it to install pistons and cams and shit? sounds like that could be in my budget! :grin_nod:
I have not done it in a while, but it is not so bad. I ordered the service manual and my buddy knows how to turn a wrench real well.
So at least I will save myself some money on labor costs.
Oh and by the way MAN I think the 63 hp is a little high myself with out porting. I think my engine will have around 57-58 rear hp.
I have a YFZ 450 with some modds porting high comp piston and blah blah blah it has around 48-50 at the rear .I wonder how it will do against my Raptor in a drag race.

·
Registered
265 Posts
too fast said:
robert.lisicki said:
I have not done it in a while, but it is not so bad. I ordered the service manual and my buddy knows how to turn a wrench real well.
So at least I will save myself some money on labor costs.
Oh and by the way MAN I think the 63 hp is a little high myself with out porting. I think my engine will have around 57-58 rear hp.
I have a YFZ 450 with some modds porting high comp piston and blah blah blah it has around 48-50 at the rear .I wonder how it will do against my Raptor in a drag race.
You can get the service manual for free on here. Do a search on it. :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts