Raptor Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else having this issue or do I just ride to aggressive (or bad). I hope ASV brings there 700r levers out soon, I need them also!LOL

So lets see your HID or replacement light installs. Also what best place & price to get them?

I would like all the input you guys have.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
17,061 Posts
Those things don't happen very often if you keep the rubber side down ;)

If you're really that prone to these problems I wouldn't pay out the rear for ASV levers that you will still end up breaking eventually.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I have broken headlights also, and so have both of my 700 riding partners..All breaks were " rubber side down". Jumping, aggressive trails. Here is a pic that you can kind of see my replacements. I mounted them through the metal post that the stock headlight slips over and cut the stock aluminum bracket arms off. They are inexpensive 55w halogens( $40 bucks), not HID's..YET!
For levers, MSR has a nice clutch lvr that works well, if you remove the parking brake. Rocky MTN ATV has them, about $45.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The right side light was rubber side down, the left was not. lol

The stupid lower mount on the headlight pod has broke on both of mine and two of my partners bikes. One of them a small branch about 1/2" around broke, one from a hard landing off a drop off (my R), another was from stuffing the fender into a bank and my last one was from being looped hill climbing (my L). That one is to be expected,....but the other 2 of the other 3 should not have broke that easy in our opinions.

I was just thinking some frame mounts like the ones shown above mounted on teflon tape might be a better way to go and look better with cut fenders.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Armety,
are they as bright as the stockers or better? what about the Hi/Low does it still work?

More info please

·
Registered
153 Posts
They are driving lights, with no high/lo. They are brighter than stock by a good amount. I wired them into the stock connectors after cutting them off the old lights. Right now I am working on replacing these with a set of PIAA compact halogens and will then fabricate a bracket to clamp on my bumper for this set of lights so they can be removed when not riding at night. Low beam select will be just the compact PIAA, high beam will be both sets of lights. I will post pics as I get it together.

·
Registered
584 Posts
I must not be riding hard enough, never had one break. :lol: Those look good, less weight than the stockers im sure.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Has any one used the Ricky Stator light kits yet. I saw a reveiw in the Dirt Wheels mag but would like an honest reveiw.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hey Hallz hope your feeling better. Man If your going to ride red dog your going to loose lights. I have had two right side lights and four of the left lights taken off at red dog. only two where from roll overs the other four are from tight trails ( hiker trails). Now I pull them off when I ride at red dog. 3 bolts and 1 connector per side total of 5 - 6 minutes. I have seen a few raptors 660's that have center mounted their headlamps either behind the bumper or on the handlebars. Seems like a waste of money to me, but I dont do any nite riding.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
RunninRaptor said:
Hey Hallz hope your feeling better. Man If your going to ride red dog your going to loose lights. I have had two right side lights and four of the left lights taken off at red dog. only two where from roll overs the other four are from tight trails ( hiker trails). Now I pull them off when I ride at red dog. 3 bolts and 1 connector per side total of 5 - 6 minutes. I have seen a few raptors 660's that have center mounted their headlamps either behind the bumper or on the handlebars. Seems like a waste of money to me, but I dont do any nite riding.
Thanks man, still preity sore and will be for a few more weeks according to the dr.'s.

I was thinking of pulling the lights and putting them back on for the dunes. that place has quite a bit or different tarain changes. I also noticed my rear tires were getting pretty trashed there as well.

We were soaked most of the time too!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hallz said:
Anyone else having this issue or do I just ride to aggressive (or bad). I hope ASV brings there 700r levers out soon, I need them also!LOL

So lets see your HID or replacement light installs. Also what best place & price to get them?

I would like all the input you guys have.

Thanks

ASV levers for the 700 have been out for awhile, i put some on mine about 2 months ago.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts