Raptor Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well today i was riding and after spending some time on the jumps out back and seeing the success of the dirt bikes i gave it a shot. little did i know, the primary builder but the ramp with WAY too much loft and i nose dived from 15 feet at the end of 3rd gear. Im ok, just a little sore, thank god i wear a helmet everytime i ride, anyways... after getting up off the dirt and shaking off the stars i was seeing and the adrenaline tremors, i gave the quad a 30 minute check up. all was well and nothing was bent or messed up seeing as i took the force of the 415+ pound machine after it hit and rolled, damn thing fell right on top of me. after determining nothing was wrong, i got right back on and rode. all was well for a good two hours and i parked it, my little brother comes home with his friend and lets him ride it, i wasnt happy about this decision. i hear him riding and then i dont. so i figure the worse and hop on my buddys kx250f and find that my BRAND NEW chain had come off the sprocket in the rear. we get the machine back up to my house and im checking it out and find that the part on the axle that holds the sprocket on has a good 1/8th of an inch of vertical play. it doesnt move side to side, so i was wondering what needs to be done to correct such issue. new axle?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
anybody...........

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Are you saying the sprocket hub (the star shaped piece that the sprocket bolts too) has 1/8 vertical play where it slides over the axle? As in if you grabbed the sprocket hub and shook it up and down it would move 1/8th inch?

If so, take the axle out and see if its wear in the axle or in the sprocket hub... Your sig says you have a g force axle so if its an axle issue contact them they have a lifetime warranty....

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
exactly what i did ND, thanks alot

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
in the carrier willy?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
roger that

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not to contradict your knowledge willy, but the axel itself doesnt move, just the sprocket mount

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
yes, the hub is what it is, the axle is stationary as it should be. how is this this replaced?

·
I am unique
22,621 Posts
yes, the hub is what it is, the axle is stationary as it should be. how is this this replaced?
You must remove the entire axle, remove the hub on the right side, axle nut and brake hub and slide the axle out..............it is easy it it isnt seized............
if it is a stock axle nut, remove the allen jam screws from the axle nuts......

1 - 12 of 12 Posts