Raptor Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:(   Yup...bent the lower A-arm into a 'V' shape.  I've only had it for 2.5 months too  :lol:  Oh well...I've always wanted to upgrade the suspension, but I didnt think it would come so soon. 

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Re: I broke my Raptor...

How did you do that?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

I was going way too fast into a corner (on gravel)...locked up the brakes and kept on going straight...well....sideways. The front end smacked a tree and the rear end caught a log. I flew about 20' from the Raptor. I got a very mild sprain in my ankle, and my knee has a lump on it from nailing the handlebars. I keep forgetting how fast this thing accelerates...

I need to check the Swingarm as well...I hit that pretty hard too.

Havn2muchfun said:
Welcome to the club! :thumbsup: That's not to bad if that's all you did. A new lower arm is only 150$.
I think I am just going to go ahead and get aftermarket arms. I was planning on getting some next year anyways...so I figure I can save some money that way. It would be a waste to buy a new lower arm and then have to take it all off in a few months anyways. Thanks for the price though...I was wondering how much they were!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts

Ouch. Happy healing.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Actually...I woke up this morning and all was well. My ankle is back to normal, and my knee just has a very small bruise on it.

...Only if the 700 could heal itself... :grin_nod:

·
Registered
1,458 Posts

ATC-Crazy said:
Actually...I woke up this morning and all was well. My ankle is back to normal, and my knee just has a very small bruise on it.

...Only if the 700 could heal itself... :grin_nod:
paint it red and call it christine. :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

alvaro3jr said:
Do you think a set of a-arm skids would have saved your a-arms from such a hard hit?
No. I hit the tree sideways causing the force to go through the wheel and into the lower arm. Funny thing is, there is not a scratch on the wheels...

san-d-eggo: Thanks for the offer, but I've got my eye set on some Houser's.

·
Registered
3,586 Posts
Re: I broke my Raptor...*Pictures Added*

Buddies yfz looks just like that, haha! He flipped his quad down a mt side and finally hit a tree. Rode it home fine though.....pretty crazy!

·
Registered
78 Posts

One thing to keep in mind with the bent A-Arms and bent axles that we have seen on this web sight is that they did there job. As a person who has raced cars and bikes i can say that these stock pieces absorbed the energy that after market stronger ones would not have. The stronger the peices are, the more energy that is transferred to the frame and mounts. I would rather changes a-arms and axles than replacing the frame or swing arm, or having to have it straightened. just my two cents. Stronger is not always better.

·
Registered
148 Posts

Sorry to hear that man... Looks like she will live to fight another day though, and you! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,678 Posts

That sucks man, good luck on the repairs.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.